Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Just wondering if any low GPA successful applicants would be willing to share their stats.
I'm on track to applying to veterinary schools, and I'm a bit discouraged due to my low GPA as a result of different personal issues (Overall: 3.37 Science: 3.33 Last 45+ cred: 3.55). I have two C+s in introductory science classes, but mostly B+/A's in the higher level sciences. I have 4 pre-reqs I still need to complete (one course is a re-do to get a higher grade than a C+) as well as the GREs. My only veterinary experience so far is working part-time as a vet tech at a small clinic (~3 months so far). I plan to stay at this job for a long time as well as expand my experience with other types of veterinary medicine. I have animal experience from high school (low hours) from working at a kennel, volunteering at a shelter, and I used to ride horses in middle school and elementary school (not sure if that counts... 😀)
I'm a MA resident and my top choice schools are Tufts, Cornell, and UPenn.
ANY LOW GPA SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT STORIES WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED 😍😍😍
Advice would be amazing as well!!
I'm on track to applying to veterinary schools, and I'm a bit discouraged due to my low GPA as a result of different personal issues (Overall: 3.37 Science: 3.33 Last 45+ cred: 3.55). I have two C+s in introductory science classes, but mostly B+/A's in the higher level sciences. I have 4 pre-reqs I still need to complete (one course is a re-do to get a higher grade than a C+) as well as the GREs. My only veterinary experience so far is working part-time as a vet tech at a small clinic (~3 months so far). I plan to stay at this job for a long time as well as expand my experience with other types of veterinary medicine. I have animal experience from high school (low hours) from working at a kennel, volunteering at a shelter, and I used to ride horses in middle school and elementary school (not sure if that counts... 😀)
I'm a MA resident and my top choice schools are Tufts, Cornell, and UPenn.
ANY LOW GPA SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT STORIES WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED 😍😍😍
Advice would be amazing as well!!
