low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

candle of hope

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there...I really concerned about my GPA it is 2.0 and I can't do anything abt this,I can't change the past, but could this affect my chances to get admission to the advanced standing programs even if I scored over 100 in toefl,with nbde part 1 and 2,with alot of volunteering and shadowing in the states ,and years of work experience in my country?? after all that do I still have to worry abt my gpa
 
hi candle of hope, i have same condition as yours- low gpa of 2.1,passed nbde1 but giving part2 in jan,i have not applied any uni yet as i gave part1 in july,,have many uni u have applied to??be sure u have applied to all the uni.please reply.
 
hi candle of hope, i have same condition as yours- low gpa of 2.1,passed nbde1 but giving part2 in jan,i have not applied any uni yet as i gave part1 in june2013,,have many uni u have applied to??be sure u have applied to all the uni.please reply.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi inderjit, thanks for sharing your status, about the states experience I was hypothetically speaking, I didn't apply to any school yet since many of them request a LOR to come from a dental professional in the states you have been recently worked with ....
 
but u can get observership in states i beleive.atleast u could try that asking as many dentist in your area to give u an observership for 2 weeks or so,get as much observershipp as much u can ,
if not this year u might be applying next year right.
 
but u can get observership in states i beleive.atleast u could try that asking as many dentist in your area to give u an observership for 2 weeks or so,get as much observershipp as much u can , if not this year u might be applying next year right.

Does the canadian experience also matters?? , im canadian and hygienist working part time,do u have any knowledge if canadian dental experience will add plus point to my profile or not???