low GPA score

Started by enw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

enw

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
greeting to all

i just received my ECE report my score is 2.22 ,,,🙁

is there any chance?

plz advice 😳
 
me too I got 2.4, my question is that everybody is talking about getting a master degree will raise my GPA, could someone explain how? coz as far as I know, even if you have master degree, you will have two GPAs one for the bachelor and one for the Master, so the bachelor gpa wont change.
Please someone explain, and thanks in advance
 
me too I got 2.4, my question is that everybody is talking about getting a master degree will raise my GPA, could someone explain how? coz as far as I know, even if you have master degree, you will have two GPAs one for the bachelor and one for the Master, so the bachelor gpa wont change.
Please someone explain, and thanks in advance

it will not raise your gpa...you will just have 2 gpa's.The plus side is that they will see that you have a good gpa in masters and can do their course.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it will not raise your gpa...you will just have 2 gpa's.The plus side is that they will see that you have a good gpa in masters and can do their course.

Thanks rose82, for your explanation, if you dont mind I want to explain what is exactley my concern, I am trying to apply for UPenn, and as you know they are asking for minimum GPA 3+, and for me I have BDS GPA 2.4, and I also have Ortho MsC GPA 3.28 , my question can I apply , hopping that they might look at my master gpa? thanks again
 
Thanks rose82, for your explanation, if you dont mind I want to explain what is exactley my concern, I am trying to apply for UPenn, and as you know they are asking for minimum GPA 3+, and for me I have BDS GPA 2.4, and I also have Ortho MsC GPA 3.28 , my question can I apply , hopping that they might look at my master gpa? thanks again
Same here. I have 2.6. I really don whether thats the reason why I'm bombed wherever I go. But I started to face it, becoz when I was doin my undergrad, honestly I don know what's that all about. In fact, I learnt the importance of it only after steppin into this country. So I'm not taking the blame and shame on me. Even in the temple university they ask for the 3.0. I have rt away mailed them my GPA and I asked if I'm eliglble to apply before I'm gonna loss a fortune. So guys, whoever is with me, we better face the reality and work for the best!
 
Same here. I have 2.6. I really don whether thats the reason why I'm bombed wherever I go. But I started to face it, becoz when I was doin my undergrad, honestly I don know what's that all about. In fact, I learnt the importance of it only after steppin into this country. So I'm not taking the blame and shame on me. Even in the temple university they ask for the 3.0. I have rt away mailed them my GPA and I asked if I'm eliglble to apply before I'm gonna loss a fortune. So guys, whoever is with me, we better face the reality and work for the best!

Your attitude is good. I suggest people who don't have good GPA should study harder to get a better NBDE part I score in 2010 and 2011. After 2012 it is gonna be either "pass" or "fail". This means that it will be harder for people who have low GPA.