• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Low GPA

Swt2th

Sep 6, 2012
  1. Dentist
It's not fair to people like me who have too suffer with a low gpa just because I studied at a difficult university abroad. I don't think many universities understand that some universities are harder then others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

asd1234

May 10, 2011
It's not fair to people like me who have too suffer with a low gpa just because I studied at a difficult university abroad. I don't think many universities understand that some universities are harder then others. Having a 2.7 from the university I graduated from is like having a 3.6 here in America or another country but I don't think they understand that.

ECE knows which schools are difficult and have a better reputation and give GPAs accordingly. If you did well in school and didn't fail any classes your GPA would be above 3. Your GPA is given based on your performance in school so improve your resume to make up for it.

Upvote 0

Anooogy

10+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2009
  1. Dentist
It's not fair to people like me who have too suffer with a low gpa just because I studied at a difficult university abroad. I don't think many universities understand that some universities are harder then others. Having a 2.7 from the university I graduated from is like having a 3.6 here in America or another country but I don't think they understand that.

One friend told me that his WES GPA was a bit higher than his ECE one. It didn't work for me, but it's worth trying. They have an online calculator that can estimates your GPA for $5.00.

If this did not work, then try to shadow a dentist, get a high score in TOEFL, and improve your resume so that interviewers will pick you over others with similar GPA.

I know couple of dentists with low GPAs who have become oral surgeons.
CHEER UP :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About the Ads

Swt2th

Sep 6, 2012
  1. Dentist
One friend told me that his WES GPA was a bit higher than his ECE one. It didn't work for me, but it's worth trying. They have an online calculator that can estimates your GPA for $5.00.

If this did not work, then try to shadow a dentist, get a high score in TOEFL, and improve your resume so that interviewers will pick you over others with similar GPA.

I know couple of dentists with low GPAs who have become oral surgeons.
CHEER UP :)

I have a WES evaluation report which is 3.3 but not all schools accept it. That's the downfall.

Upvote 0

hmona86

Dec 13, 2013
  1. Pre-Dental
ECE has 2 results one of them is comprehensive one which i have 2.1 :-( and the other one which is the best result i have 3.06. So based on such gpa do i have any chance of getting into any universities? do i have to do anything? plz let me know. I m losing hope :-(

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.