Low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swt2th

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's not fair to people like me who have too suffer with a low gpa just because I studied at a difficult university abroad. I don't think many universities understand that some universities are harder then others.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's not fair to people like me who have too suffer with a low gpa just because I studied at a difficult university abroad. I don't think many universities understand that some universities are harder then others. Having a 2.7 from the university I graduated from is like having a 3.6 here in America or another country but I don't think they understand that.

ECE knows which schools are difficult and have a better reputation and give GPAs accordingly. If you did well in school and didn't fail any classes your GPA would be above 3. Your GPA is given based on your performance in school so improve your resume to make up for it.

It's not fair to people like me who have too suffer with a low gpa just because I studied at a difficult university abroad. I don't think many universities understand that some universities are harder then others. Having a 2.7 from the university I graduated from is like having a 3.6 here in America or another country but I don't think they understand that.

One friend told me that his WES GPA was a bit higher than his ECE one. It didn't work for me, but it's worth trying. They have an online calculator that can estimates your GPA for $5.00.

If this did not work, then try to shadow a dentist, get a high score in TOEFL, and improve your resume so that interviewers will pick you over others with similar GPA.

I know couple of dentists with low GPAs who have become oral surgeons.
CHEER UP :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
One friend told me that his WES GPA was a bit higher than his ECE one. It didn't work for me, but it's worth trying. They have an online calculator that can estimates your GPA for $5.00.

If this did not work, then try to shadow a dentist, get a high score in TOEFL, and improve your resume so that interviewers will pick you over others with similar GPA.

I know couple of dentists with low GPAs who have become oral surgeons.
CHEER UP :)

I have a WES evaluation report which is 3.3 but not all schools accept it. That's the downfall.

I have a WES evaluation report which is 3.3 but not all schools accept it. That's the downfall.

I totally agree. Use that when possible, focus on those colleges that take WES.
3.3 is a medium high GPA.
I know that about 8 schools accept evaluations from WES.

Last edited:

my gpa is 3.42...
pls let me know if its good, bad or okay..

Hi Anoooogy,
Could you please reply which all schools accept WES

So this is what one of the admission persons at one school told me : a gpa of 3.80 and more is excellent, 3.40 to 3.79 is very good, 3-3.99 is good, 2.5 to 3.0 is fair.

Loma Linda, Columbia, USC, Colorado, Oklahoma, Howard, University of Florida, Nova Southern University, Tufts and Rutger.

Loma Linda, Columbia, USC, Colorado, Oklahoma, Howard, University of Florida, Nova Southern University, Tufts and Rutger.
hey can you plz tell the wes process in a simplified way !!!! what all should be attested ???
i'm in US i can't go back to my country for attestation any help is appreciated ......... thanks !!!

I used only ECE so I can't help you with WES. Sorry.

ECE has 2 results one of them is comprehensive one which i have 2.1 :-( and the other one which is the best result i have 3.06. So based on such gpa do i have any chance of getting into any universities? do i have to do anything? plz let me know. I m losing hope :-(