Low last 45 credit solution?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katetu2

Reaction score
Hi,
I didn't well at all during my last spring semester of undergrad, and I really don't want it to stop me from being accepted. I did well in all my pre-reqs back in sophmore and freshmen year. The schools that I am applying to look at the last 45 credits strongly. I was wondering if I should be taking a bunch of summer classses to boost my last 45 credits, even if they are not related to pre-reqs? Please give me some advice in how I can bump up my last 45 credits? Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

If your last 45 is weak, applying to programs that emphasize it is probably not going to be the highest yield approach. What sorts of classes were you taking? Generally that last semester is when people are taking the upper division sciences, so if you struggled with those, that could be a bit concerning from an admissions standpoint.

You'll probably get the best answer if you post in the WAMC subforum using the format there so you can get the best recommendations.

Reactions: 1 users
If your last 45 is weak, applying to programs that emphasize it is probably not going to be the highest yield approach. What sorts of classes were you taking? Generally that last semester is when people are taking the upper division sciences, so if you struggled with those, that could be a bit concerning from an admissions standpoint.

You'll probably get the best answer if you post in the WAMC subforum using the format there so you can get the best recommendations.
Hi! I took all my upper level classes junior year and fall of senior year. Spring semester of senior year, I was just taking classes to fulfill my credit requirements. So a lot of humanity classes

Members don't see this ad :)
How to improve my last 45 gpa?
I didn't well at all during my last spring semester of undergrad, and I really don't want it to stop me from being accepted. I did well in all my pre-reqs back in sophmore and freshmen year. Additionally, I had mostly As in my upper level science courses. During my last semester, I was mostly taking humanity courses to fulfill my college credits. I had fallen into a deep spiral of depression during then, and failed three of those classes. This caused me to have a gpa lower than 3.0 for the last 45 credits.

The schools that I am applying to look at the last 45 credits strongly. I was wondering if I should be taking a bunch of summer classses to boost my last 45 credits, even if they are not related to pre-reqs? Please give me some advice in how I can bump up my last 45 credits? Thank you so much.

Yes, taking more classes and doing well will increase your last 45 gpa. The hardest part for you is that it appears that your lowest grades were in your last semester of undergrad. For example if you took 15 credits this summer, it would replace 3 semesters ago and not touch your last semester of undergrad. What was your gpa for each of your last 3 semesters?

I am assuming that you took 15 credits per semester. VMCAS will go back as many semesters as it takes to get 45 credits. If it takes 4 semesters to hit 45 credits, it will use your gpa for those 4 semesters. You don't get to pick and choose which credits you want to count to make up the last 45 credits.

Is there a reason you can't change up your school list?

Does anyone know how many quarter credits equal a semester credit? I think it is 68, but am unsure. I hate that most schools operate in a semester system and Oregon State did quarters.

Does anyone know how many quarter credits equal a semester credit? I think it is 68, but am unsure. I hate that most schools operate in a semester system and Oregon State did quarters.
I would specifically ask Oregon State how they calculate it so you have their own math to work with.

Hi there! Consider checking out the University of IL College of Vetmed Graduate Certificate in Veterinary Science. Not only could it help (albeit be diligent about making calculations yourself) make some impact to your overall GPA, but also your most recent 45. Not only does it show your diligence to improve, but will help show success in higher level education at a college of veterinary medicine. That graduate certificate is 12 hours and can be done in 12 weeks over the summer. Vetmed.illinois.edu/cvs

Reactions: 1 user