low M & V GRE but high in AW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuf1993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so there are countless posts on here of people asking whether or not they should retake the GRE because they scored.... Although my scores are pretty low I am not going to retake the GRE so this post isn't about that. I have a 148 V and 150 Q with a 5 in AW. These scores are just about minimum, besides my AW.

I am just curious as to whether or not anybody else out there had the same or similar GRE scores and got into programs that had a minimum Q & V score of 150 each. Also if anyone had a high GPA with decent GRE scores I would also be interested in hearing your feedback. My CGPA is about 3.7 so I am hoping that my high GPA along with my references and volunteering in various settings will balance out for my GRE since I'm at a total of 298 and not 300 for Q & V combined.

Just looking for input from people who are / were in the same predicament as me.

Members don't see this ad.

I know people who had that sort of score and got in to places, but if a school has an actual minimum score then they won't ever even look at your application if you don't hit the minimum no matter the GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
To me, the question is what schools do you intend to apply? I will be going to USA in the Fall with similar stats. As competitive as PT schools is I wouldn't suggest applying to a school if you knew you didn't meet their requirements even if the only requirement you don't meet is the minimum GPA...

Alright thanks for the input.

I wouldn't say they will not even look at your schools. I feel that only applies to certain schools depending on how strict they are and how much they weigh the GRE.

Schools in the tri-state area so NJ, NY, PA. Where are you applying to?