Low MCAT DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hate to ask but did you not study and take it blindly or anxiety? Either way chances are virtually zero. Retake is needed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Studied a year in advance. Bad anxiety.
You will be taking a lot of long exams during your potential medical school career. This needs to be corrected asap before.

Go seek help from your schools psych services or else youll have a hard time with exams in medical school.

PM me if you want to talk more. I was in your shoes once.

A year in advance? You burned out. Take a break from the MCAT and come back once you are refreshed. Allocate around 3-4 months to the test, pick one prep company (I went with Kaplan, 514ed it), and stick to a schedule. Also, address your anxiety in some form. Get started with a psychiatrist, you can't afford to let something that is probably treatable prevent you from reaching your goals.

This is spot on advice!!! Getting into med school is only the tip of the iceberg. Getting through it is even more stress and anxiety provoking, so get help!

You will be taking a lot of long exams during your potential medical school career. This needs to be corrected asap before.

Go seek help from your schools psych services or else youll have a hard time with exams in medical school.

PM me if you want to talk more. I was in your shoes once.

Reactions: 1 users
You need to see a psychologist or psychiatrist and learn how to manage it. This is something that takes time to do, so don't rush it.

Reactions: 1 users
Retake the mcat and get high score then you can go anywhere you want with that GPA

Just as the posters above me have stated, you need to address and treat your anxiety issues (focus on becoming the best you possible in mind, body, and spirit/higher power). Although I have not taken the Beast (MCAT), the test that I will have to take in the foreseeable future does not scare me. What is even more frightening is the multitude of exams that are beyond the level of the Beast that awaits in medical school. Not to mention the risk of failing out/debt over your head (at the same time)...at that point you have to give it everything you got to jump over every hurdle that stands before you (even when you are beyond exhausted)...because there will be more hurdles beyond medical school (life).

Your score equates to about a 14 on the old exam. I highly doubt that you are going to get in anywhere. I struggled to get interviews with ~500, excellent GPA/Extracurriculars/LoRs. Follow the above advice...get help for your anxiety, don't burn yourself out, take a prep course, work through your anxiety. Med school is rough, and if you don't address those issues now, you are not going to do well.

Best of luck!

It would probably be best to retake the exam. A lot of schools will automatically remove you from their applicant pool with that MCAT score. You don't want to waste an application cycle. Most schools are looking for at least a 500, but I've seen people get a few points below and still get secondaries and interviews. I would definitely look into ways to decrease test anxiety.... you've got a world full of tests coming.