Low MCAT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inu904

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I applied early in this cycle. I am fairly a low stat applicant I’d say, I have a 2.7 uGPA, however, I have a good upward trend along with an SMP I did well in. I also have pretty good ECs. However, my MCAT is a 482. I regretted not voiding it, as I didn’t prepare for it properly.

I didn’t expect much after I received my score back. I got denied from Temple quickly after my score was released.

However, I received an interview from Scholl and I’m still waiting for 3 other schools to respond.

I’m just wondering if anyone has advice for my interview? Especially since I have a much lower MCAT? I keep saying they accidentally sent me an interview invite lol. Anyways, Is interview feedback on here the best way to practice?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I applied early in this cycle. I am fairly a low stat applicant I’d say, I have a 2.7 uGPA, however, I have a good upward trend along with an SMP I did well in. I also have pretty good ECs. However, my MCAT is a 482. I regretted not voiding it, as I didn’t prepare for it properly.

I didn’t expect much after I received my score back. I got denied from Temple quickly after my score was released.

However, I received an interview from Scholl and I’m still waiting for 3 other schools to respond.

I’m just wondering if anyone has advice for my interview? Especially since I have a much lower MCAT? I keep saying they accidentally sent me an interview invite lol. Anyways, Is interview feedback on here the best way to practice?

Thanks!
What's your SMP GPA?

If number of applicants is not much higher than number of seats across all schools, you almost guaranteed an admission. 2.7 paired with 482 should be out of the question for any healthcare field. Is 482 like lowest score one can get on MCAT?

I am sorry but I don't think you should get an acceptance with those stats. Larger schools like Scholl, Barry, Kent, etc. will probably interview you. If you have very low GPA and very low MCAT you have higher risk of failing out at some point either in didactic portion or boards.

Last edited:
What's your SMP GPA?

If number of applicants is not much higher than number of seats across all schools, you almost guaranteed an admission. 2.7 paired with 482 should be out of the question for any healthcare field. Is 482 like lowest score one can get on MCAT?

I am sorry but I don't think you should get an acceptance with those stats. Larger schools like Scholl, Barry, Kent, etc. will probably interview you. If you have very low GPA and very low MCAT you have higher risk of failing out at some point either in didactic portion or boards.
3.70 SMP, 4.0 Post Bacc 18 credits I forgot to add. I feel pretty capable of handing rigorous curriculum.

My MCAT is poor. I tried studying during my SMP it failed completely, didn’t use my judgement to void it.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.70 SMP, 4.0 Post Bacc 18 credits I forgot to add. I feel pretty capable of handing rigorous curriculum.

My MCAT is poor. I tried studying during my SMP it failed completely, didn’t use my judgement to void it.
3.7 SMP and 4.0 GPA might have some weight.

Your SMP is strong.

There is zero excuse for that score. None. Unacceptable.

You can do better. You should do better. Don't be complacent with just scraping by to any school that will take you.
Sign up for a retake. Study vigorously for 4 weeks. Even that alone will raise your score.

The problem is not about getting in. Any school will take you to fill a seat.

The problem is staying in.

How will you prepare when you are faced with the same rigorous curriculum + long hospital days + studying for board exams?
Do you think your board exams will care if you did not take your dedicated time seriously? If you get all As in your class but still end up not knowing how to take a standardized board exam- will you be OK with having to retake or potentially being held back a year despite a flawless academic record?

You need to think 2 years down the line- not 2 months.
Your SMP shows me you are smart enough to do this. Look in the mirror and get real. Train harder. Retake the MCAT.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is- you are better than this. And you can do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I agree with what's said above. Looks like the next MCAT starts in Jan. You should consider signing up within the next month but seriously start studying now