MCAT Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tranquility100

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a non-traditional prospective podiatry student (seeking to start in fall of 2023) and I will be taking the MCAT in the spring. I also got my master's in epidemiology in 2018 and will be done taking my prerequisite courses in December. What are some resources that really helped you for the MCAT and would you recommend a particular prep course? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'm a non-traditional prospective podiatry student (seeking to start in fall of 2023) and I will be taking the MCAT in the spring. I also got my master's in epidemiology in 2018 and will be done taking my prerequisite courses in December. What are some resources that really helped you for the MCAT and would you recommend a particular prep course? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello, I would not recommend paying for a prep course. Various resources are available for you to prep for the exam (some free like Khan academy and other for purchase like the AAMC q bank, exams). I would refer you to the MCAT forum and advise you to browse the available threads. Use any resource you are comfortable with for content review. When you feel ready, take the Full-length exams from the AAMC. Making a schedule is the first step though.

SDN: Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)

AAMC MCAT: Prepare for the MCAT® Exam

Khan Academy: MCAT | Test prep | Khan Academy

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much! I just quit my job to solely focus on school and the MCAT, so I was dreading paying for an expensive course. I'll definitely check those out.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey hows it going! I used TPR as my prep course. I also used 5 months to prep. I'd make sure to create a schedule to keep you on track, more than anything. I think I usually studied 16hrs a day, including the prep course classes. Saturdays were usually left for taking full mock exams. Sundays are rest days so I only studied 4hrs or so. It's a marathon, not a race. Need to get your test endurance up. So I would just pretend I was getting ready for the actual MCAT every friday night, wake up early saturday morning and take a full one. The week before the exam, i'd take a breather and the day before, i did nothing. Gluck! you got this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey hows it going! I used TPR as my prep course. I also used 5 months to prep. I'd make sure to create a schedule to keep you on track, more than anything. I think I usually studied 16hrs a day, including the prep course classes. Saturdays were usually left for taking full mock exams. Sundays are rest days so I only studied 4hrs or so. It's a marathon, not a race. Need to get your test endurance up. So I would just pretend I was getting ready for the actual MCAT every friday night, wake up early saturday morning and take a full one. The week before the exam, i'd take a breather and the day before, i did nothing. Gluck! you got this.
Wow, 16 hours?! Is that including other undergraduate courses or just MCAT prep? Could you share a little bit more about your schedule?
Thanks for the positive encouragement @richhomiequanhere =]

Thank you so much! I just quit my job to solely focus on school and the MCAT, so I was dreading paying for an expensive course. I'll definitely check those out.

I would also highly recommend the Khan academy videos! I’ve also heard great things about the UWORLD q bank

Reactions: 1 user