Low-Mid Tier ACGME IM programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Valsalva83

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had a list of low-mid tier internal medicine acgme accredited programs and/or community-based programs? I don't have the best board scores, but have a good GPA, research, LORs.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had a list of low-mid tier internal medicine acgme accredited programs and/or community-based programs? I don't have the best board scores, but have a good GPA, research, LORs.

Thanks.

You'll be better served if you post your scores because they matter quite a bit. Although, your best bet is the "What Are My Chances" thread in the official internal medicine sub-forums.

Official Eternal IM WAMC Thread

You'll be better served if you post your scores because they matter quite a bit. Although, your best bet is the "What Are My Chances" thread in the official internal medicine sub-forums.

Official Eternal IM WAMC Thread

Thanks, Ill check that thread too.
I am looking for something on the east coast, but honestly willing to go anywhere but the west coast. I am a DO student, so I have already applied to 60+ AOA IM residencies. Stats:
Comlex 1: First attempt: Didnt pass :( Second attempt: 460-480's
Comlex II: 430-450's
Comlex II PE: awaiting result
Class Rank: top 25%
AOA: None at my school
rotations: Honored my IM I/IM 2 rotations. HP on all other rotations.
LOR: 3 solid IM letters + 1 FM letter
Research: 3 poster presentations, 1 abstract.
Didn't take the USMLE since I did not have the best luck with COMLEX.
Have most of the community/low tier programs added in NY/NJ/PA/Long Island on my list. Any suggestions for low-tier community IM programs that I may have some luck with in the acgme match?

Reactions: 1 user
Midtier IM programs are usually university programs (e.g., UMiami, UT San Antonio etc...). It's unlikely you will get into a mid-tier ACGME program with your stats. You should consider mostly community programs in the midwest...

Reactions: 1 users