LOW Scoring PAT Frustrating on DAT Achiever

Started by MaxL221
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MaxL221

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My real dat is in less than a week and on DAT Achiever I have been getting 15s and 16s on the PAT section. Are those accurate assesments of the read dat. Or is the real dat pat harder or easier. I do some kaplan pat and those seem a lot easier than dat achiever as did the barrons especially in top front end. Some of them in dat achiever though i'm like "Wow I would have never saw this" I don't know what to do or what to think of this!!
 
Take your Kaplan PAT score, and subtract 2 to 3 points on it. This will be your PAT score on the real thing.
 
I mentioned Kaplan, but not Achiever. I actually used only Kaplan materials when I studied for the DAT last summer, and I found that my PAT score lowered about 2-3 from my Kaplan tests when I took the real thing. My other scores were all higher except for QR.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MaxL221 said:
awesome I hope that works for me I would definitely be happy with a 19 on the pat

That's provided you have noted and worked on your weaknesses. PAT on the real deal is no joke especially for those who are slow in spatial perception. I would pay more attention to it given your situation.
 
I took dat achiever, scored 19 on all 3 full PAT exam, and got 19 on the real thing, I guess DAT achiever are pretty close with the real thing.