Low Step 1 Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kkshake

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I got a 205 on my step 1. Currently I've been interested in pursuing EM, but IDK, would it be stupid to continue to look in to it with such a low score? My father passed away during dedicated, so I'm just happy to have been able to focus enough to pass at all. I'm a DO student, still waiting on my COMLEX score, but I'm sure it'll be along the same lines. I know that if I do better comparatively on the COMLEX, I don't have to report my Step 1, but I figured that also looks bad, because it seems kind of sneaky. So is the general consensus that I really can only shoot for FM at this point?