Low Undergrad GPA Woes. Need advice!

Started by LaurPT3
Tags Tags
gpa advice
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LaurPT3

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my third time applying to DPT programs..

My undergrad GPA was 3.0, but I have since retaken any prerequisite courses that were below a B-. My Prereq GPA (only counting highest attempts) is now a 3.8. I have not calculated what my overall GPA is, but I fear that my Undergrad GPA is going to screw me over. Its frustrating that most schools look at the undergrad GPA but there is nothing I can do to change that number...I'm stuck with it.

Any advice on where to apply that might not look at undergrad GPA? Other advice is welcomed!
 
You can look into university of St augustine they calculate their GPA by looking at the last 45 credits. University of South Alabama compares your cumulative GPA with your last 64 GPA and take the higher of the two. There's a thread on the forum that list schools that look at the last 60 credit GPA.
 
Do you want to know how to calculate your own overall GPA? You can get basically three numbers to look at.... the most recent ones the school will look at (some will take the most recent 60 credit hours, or something like that) and you can calculate this by hand to see if you meet the requirement. The other two numbers will come from whether the program to which you are applying counts both grades of a retake, or take the higher of the two. I calculated both of mine just because I wanted to know realistically what I was dealing with before spending a truckload of cash to just apply.
 
there are some schools that look at pre-req gpa only such as TSU in Nashville. You can get in just be selective with the schools you apply to.