Lower cGPA than the one on your transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NoPMHx

My school's official transcript says my overall GPA is 3.7. AACOMAS calculated my cGPA to be 3.66...

Is it normal to get a lower GPA on your AACOMAS or should I be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

It's possible. Double check your transcript and the AACOMAS application to make sure though.

Look for things like:
1. Did you go to more than one university? For example, a local college for a summer class?
2. Did your school honor any retakes?

It's possible. Double check your transcript and the AACOMAS application to make sure though.

Look for things like:
1. Did you go to more than one university? For example, a local college for a summer class?
2. Did your school honor any retakes?
Yes, I did take courses at more than one university... but how would that lower my GPA? And I did not have any retakes. Still confused :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I did take courses at more than one university... but how would that lower my GPA? And I did not have any retakes. Still confused :/

Mine should have been a 3.55 but AACOMAS calculated 3.54.. so I feel you. You can call and ask them they're actually super helpful.

I'm assuming the 3.7 is from your primary university's transcript. The AACOMAS calculates your GPA using all your grades from all the schools you have ever attended. If you took classes at a different university and you got a lower grade, then that would lower your AACOMAS GPA, making it different from your primary university's GPA.

If things still don't add up, definitely call AACOMAS to see what's going on.

I'm assuming the 3.7 is from your primary university's transcript. The AACOMAS calculates your GPA using all your grades from all the schools you have ever attended. If you took classes at a different university and you got a lower grade, then that would lower your AACOMAS GPA, making it different from your primary university's GPA.

If things still don't add up, definitely call AACOMAS to see what's going on.
I got A's in all of them. This is weird. I will call them.

Okay, I found out why my GPA is lower. AACOMAS counts B+, C+, and so on as 3.3, 2.3, etc. So dumb. I always thought a B+ is a 3.5.

I manually recalculated my GPA using their grading scale, and it's "correct." Fml.

I found out why my GPA is lower. AACOMAS counts B+, C+, and so on as 3.3, 2.3, etc. So dumb. I always thought a B+ is a 3.5.

I manually recalculated my GPA using their grading scale, and it's "correct." Fml.
B+ is 3.33 and A- is 3.67. if you don't have an A- and your scale goes from B to B+ to A then you are correct, a B+ should be a 3.5 and I would contact AACOMAS about it.

B+ is 3.33 and A- is 3.67. if you don't have an A- and your scale goes from B to B+ to A then you are correct, a B+ should be a 3.5 and I would contact AACOMAS about it.
Ah, okay. My university doesn't use the A-, AB system. I just sent them an email. Hopefully they'll agree to treat my + grades as AB, BC and so on

Looks like AACOMAS has a B+ as a 3.3 on all of their grading scales. My University did not hand out AB grades, but they did hand out B+ and A-. Are you sure your school does not hand out A- and weighs a B+ as a 3.5?

Looks like AACOMAS has a B+ as a 3.3 on all of their grading scales. My University did not hand out AB grades, but they did hand out B+ and A-. Are you sure your school does not hand out A- and weighs a B+ as a 3.5?
My university has no A-. We only have A, B+, B, C+, C, D, and F