Lower cGPA than the one on your transcript?

SLU Student

2+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
It's possible. Double check your transcript and the AACOMAS application to make sure though.

Look for things like:
1. Did you go to more than one university? For example, a local college for a summer class?
2. Did your school honor any retakes?

It's possible. Double check your transcript and the AACOMAS application to make sure though.

Look for things like:
1. Did you go to more than one university? For example, a local college for a summer class?
2. Did your school honor any retakes?
Yes, I did take courses at more than one university... but how would that lower my GPA? And I did not have any retakes. Still confused :/

About the Ads

SLU Student

2+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
Yes, I did take courses at more than one university... but how would that lower my GPA? And I did not have any retakes. Still confused :/

I'm assuming the 3.7 is from your primary university's transcript. The AACOMAS calculates your GPA using all your grades from all the schools you have ever attended. If you took classes at a different university and you got a lower grade, then that would lower your AACOMAS GPA, making it different from your primary university's GPA.

If things still don't add up, definitely call AACOMAS to see what's going on.

I'm assuming the 3.7 is from your primary university's transcript. The AACOMAS calculates your GPA using all your grades from all the schools you have ever attended. If you took classes at a different university and you got a lower grade, then that would lower your AACOMAS GPA, making it different from your primary university's GPA.

If things still don't add up, definitely call AACOMAS to see what's going on.
I got A's in all of them. This is weird. I will call them.

Okay, I found out why my GPA is lower. AACOMAS counts B+, C+, and so on as 3.3, 2.3, etc. So dumb. I always thought a B+ is a 3.5.

I manually recalculated my GPA using their grading scale, and it's "correct." Fml.

bears1992

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
  1. Medical Student
I found out why my GPA is lower. AACOMAS counts B+, C+, and so on as 3.3, 2.3, etc. So dumb. I always thought a B+ is a 3.5.

I manually recalculated my GPA using their grading scale, and it's "correct." Fml.
B+ is 3.33 and A- is 3.67. if you don't have an A- and your scale goes from B to B+ to A then you are correct, a B+ should be a 3.5 and I would contact AACOMAS about it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.