Lowest GPA / Lowest MCAT you ever heard of ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MilwaukeeMike28

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the lowest GPA or MCAT that you ever heard of for someone who was accepted to med school ?

What about the highest GPA/ MCAT you ever heard of that was not accepted.

I talked to a girl with a 3.8 GPA in biochem from UCLA who was not accepted to any med school.

I also know a guy who got in with a 3.4.

Members don't see this ad.

MilwaukeeMike28 said:
What is the lowest GPA or MCAT that you ever heard of for someone who was accepted to med school ?

What about the highest GPA/ MCAT you ever heard of that was not accepted.

I talked to a girl with a 3.8 GPA in biochem from UCLA who was not accepted to any med school.

without knowing the other facts, the GPA is pointless. for all we know the 3.8 had a low mcat and only applied to five schools. or the 3.4 had a 42 and applied to 20 schools.

MilwaukeeMike28 said:

I don't think 3.4 is considered that low, perhaps just borderline

Members don't see this ad :)
2.9/30
USF (state school for FLA residents)

isn't this stuff in the MSAR?

the sharks NOOO
BELOW IN MURKY WATERS AHOY!
NEVER ME SEEN SUCH DAGGERS IN THE OCEAN!
SHIVER ME TIMBERS !!! :(

DieselPetrolGrl said:
the sharks NOOO
stop talking

DieselPetrolGrl said:
the sharks NOOO
Don't you think this is getting a little old? May have been borderline amusing in the beginning, but now.......plain annoying.
Just something to consider...

OP, a friend of mine from college, URM, got into an allopathic school with a 3.4/26.
As for getting rejected with a high GPA/MCAT - http://www.i8u.org/

Yeah? Well, I heard of a mate getting a 2.9/19! a 19!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard of a 2.0 and 5!

It must be true, because I heard it.

These threads are so painful :thumbdown:

Doc Hef said:
Yeah? Well, I heard of a mate getting a 2.9/19! a 19!
an allo skool?????????????? maybe osteo.....

Last edited:
yeah, but what was the lowest mcat you ever heard of....acceptance or not.

I know of someone who got in with a 24.

I know a non-URM who got into UF in 2000 with a 21 MCAT. Granted, she had a 3.9 GPA and excellent recs (from what her interviewers told her). She also interviewed at Miami, but was not accepted there. Both UF and Miami have increased their admissions standards in the past few years, so an MCAT score of 21 wouldn't fly with either school nowadays.

Despite her low MCAT, she had absolutely no academic difficulty in medical school whatsoever, and had excellent grades and USMLE scores. She's a first-year resident now. Just goes to show, the MCAT alone is not a reliable indicator of future performance in medical school.

I know of two people that got into UCSF after failing out of school. One graduated several years ago (10?), and the other is a good friend of mine who is there right now. Understand though that he's a non-traditional and has experiences out the yin-yang, but obviously there is hope.....especially for a school that has a good take on non-traditional students.

Mr. Seeds said:
I heard of a 2.0 and 5!

It must be true, because I heard it.

These threads are so painful :thumbdown:

I heard someone with a 2.0 (albeit from Yale) was elected President of the United States.

ive heard of a harvard dropout who created a multibillion dollar software company.

i got into harvard this year with a 2.1/17K.

Back to the original post... I personally know a guy who got into UAC with a 3.0 gpa and a 19 on his MCAT. 19. I saw the slip and the acceptance letter.

The lowest MCAT I ever heard of that I could verify? 15. Poor girl at my school took the MCAT 3 times... got a 15, 15, 16. She's gonna try for a fourth time in April.

constructor said:
i got into harvard this year with a 2.1/17K.
How did ya pull that one?

Doc Hef said:
How did ya pull that one?

i told them i would add to the diversity with those scores.

constructor said:

That's hilarious....what a great way to look at it. :laugh:

i know a guy from arizona state who was flunking out of college when he changed to pre-med. he was originally a business major and had a 0.5 gpa. he changed to pre-med cause he said God told him to and got straight A's from that point on. He graduated from UCLA med and is now doing a fellowship in oncology. literally, a miracle!

constructor said:

Seriously though. Let's hear your story. I'm very intrigued. How'd you do it? Are you gonna go?

i was totally joking about what i said... i just wanted to add some humor to this silly thread topic.

ToxicFugu said:
Seriously though. Let's hear your story. I'm very intrigued. How'd you do it? Are you gonna go?

Wow

ToxicFugu said:

And they're going to let you be a doctor?

Doc Hef said:
That is amazing! Poor fellow.

The adcomms probably read part of his weblog, that explains it.

ToxicFugu said:
Now I'm intrigued. Can we hear your story? When did the gullibility really start to settle in?!? :p

Sorry... I couldn't help it - and I really am curious now! ;)

bewitched1081 said:
i know a guy from arizona state who was flunking out of college when he changed to pre-med. he was originally a business major and had a 0.5 gpa. he changed to pre-med cause he said God told him to and got straight A's from that point on. He graduated from UCLA med and is now doing a fellowship in oncology. literally, a miracle!

Well, I'm inspired, and clearly this is an example of divine intervention as only those going to UCLA med and spoiled enough to be able to drop out of college etc and reenroll w/ all that money are the chosen people of God.

yuppy christians :thumbup:

I'm sure God will tell him to drive that BMW M3 as well and decide to also have him not give up his family, wordly possesoins and serve the poor. :rolleyes:

You got to be kidding. .5 GPA ... and he is allowed to change to pre-med?

hle007 said:
You got to be kidding. .5 GPA ... and he is allowed to change to pre-med?
i changed with a low 2
straight As since. i dont know if god told me to...
but my heart sure doesnt regret it :/