Loyola Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tandski

MS3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Loyola this week? Who is waiting like me? Do they always call to accept or have people heard by mail only?
Impatiently waiting...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still hoping for an INTERVIEW . . . I wonder if there are there any spots left.

I'm still hoping for an INTERVIEW . . . I wonder if there are there any spots left.

When I was there they said there were, so don't lose hope!
Good :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought someone said that they only hand out interviews up to a month in advance, so if you got the call today, the latest interview you could book would be March 21st. But then someone else said that there are hardly any spots left in the class of 2011, but there was pretty good movement on the waitlist (I think that person said about 1/3 are accepted from waitlist). Hope this helps!

Has anyone heard from Loyola this week? Who is waiting like me? Do they always call to accept or have people heard by mail only?
Impatiently waiting...

They contact via phone to advise of interview offers.
Acceptances will always be sent in the mail but some (not all) individuals have ended up getting calls as well.

I thought someone said that they only hand out interviews up to a month in advance, so if you got the call today, the latest interview you could book would be March 21st. But then someone else said that there are hardly any spots left in the class of 2011, but there was pretty good movement on the waitlist (I think that person said about 1/3 are accepted from waitlist). Hope this helps!

That is false. At least when I was called for an interview, I could have interviewed that same week if I had wanted to. I ended up scheduling for the following week.

That is false. At least when I was called for an interview, I could have interviewed that same week if I had wanted to. I ended up scheduling for the following week.

I said that the latest you could interview was a month after they call, not the earliest. That means you could technically schedule an interview that would be between today and one month from today. But that's just what I heard.

They contact via phone to advise of interview offers.
Acceptances will always be sent in the mail but some (not all) individuals have ended up getting calls as well.

Thanks for the clarification. I wont hover around my phone all day any more. I will hover around my mailbox!:thumbup:

Thanks for the clarification. I wont hover around my phone all day any more. I will hover around my mailbox!:thumbup:

Just to confirm, I was accepted by snail mail only. FYI: it's a thin, standard letter envelope!

:luck: Tandski! I know how hard it is to wait!

~minijoy

Just to confirm, I was accepted by snail mail only. FYI: it's a thin, standard letter envelope!

:luck: Tandski! I know how hard it is to wait!

~minijoy

Thanks for letting me know that it comes in a small envelope, I might have just assumed waitlist/rejection upon seeing a small envelope. This way my hope will last a bit longer!

minijoy
Will you be attending Loyola this fall? Or, do you have other options?

I just called Loyola today and was given the same spiel about being flagged for re-review between now and the end of March and they interview until the end of April. Has anyone who was told they have been flagged for re-review gotten an interview?

I just got a call from Loyola! To tell me I am on the waitlist!!! Wow, kinda weird. He let me know that everyone really liked me and they wanted to give me an acceptance right out but due to there being so few spots they were unable. He told me to definitely send in a letter of intent soon. Pretty crazy! But at least I know that they want me there!
Anyone else get this call or an acceptance call?

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ Omg When Did They Call U???

^^ Omg When Did They Call U???

10 minutes ago. Has anyone applying at any school gotten a call like this? It seems pretty odd

I just got the call from the head of admissions at Loyola and I am in!!! Woohoo!! I am so excited right now! It was really nice of them to call and put a voice behind the decision. I still can't believe I got accepted!

I just called Loyola today and was given the same spiel about being flagged for re-review between now and the end of March and they interview until the end of April. Has anyone who was told they have been flagged for re-review gotten an interview?

I was complete 11/28 and called in late Dec. They said I'd be reviewed soon and to call after Jan 1st. I called in early Jan and was told I'd be re-reviewed in a few weeks. Received interview invite on 1/17, interviewed on 1/26 and accepted on 2/5. Don't give up hope just yet!

I just got a call from Loyola! To tell me I am on the waitlist!!! Wow, kinda weird. He let me know that everyone really liked me and they wanted to give me an acceptance right out but due to there being so few spots they were unable. He told me to definitely send in a letter of intent soon. Pretty crazy! But at least I know that they want me there!
Anyone else get this call or an acceptance call?

Congratulations! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

:luck:

Congrats PeacefulJC!!! It looks like today is the day for the phone calls!

minijoy
Will you be attending Loyola this fall? Or, do you have other options?

While I have other options, Loyola is absolutely my first choice. I am waiting to see if my husband lands a job in Chicago (he interviewed for a great job on Tues, and we may get news today! Crossing fingers and praying!) If he gets a job by May 15, I'll be there!

Don't give up--there is a good chance you will get in off the waitlist, esp since they reiterated that they liked you!

:) :luck:

~minijoy

I just got the call from the head of admissions at Loyola and I am in!!! Woohoo!! I am so excited right now! It was really nice of them to call and put a voice behind the decision. I still can't believe I got accepted!

Congrats PeacefulJC! Check out the Loyola thread to meet other 2011 Stritchers! We're a real friendly bunch!
:D
~minijoy

For anyone familiar with the admissions process at Loyola- I just talked to them and my application has supposedly not been reviewed yet. Is this possible, or am I actually on a pre-interview hold. I was complete sometime in late October/early November. Is there still hope?

Seems like they tell everyone something different...they've been telling me my application is "complete and under review with the committee" for five or six weeks!:confused:

For anyone familiar with the admissions process at Loyola- I just talked to them and my application has supposedly not been reviewed yet. Is this possible, or am I actually on a pre-interview hold. I was complete sometime in late October/early November. Is there still hope?

I am in the exact same situation...I called today and was told to call in THREE weeks if I still have not received the complete email...?!? That would be...mid march. ugh. :oops:

lol, they told me two weeks, sounds like even they're confused about the process.

I've found that Loyola is really well-organized during this process. It's getting to the point of the year where more things are going on, however. Just call back next Thursday to see what they say. The ladies in the office are incredibly nice, but I know they're absolutely swamped with phone calls every Thursday, so just be patient.

I was still under review until about 4 weeks ago, when they said a decision has been made and I would hear by phone if I was offered an interview. Nothing happened for a week so I called back and they said I should hear from them in 2-3 weeks. I called yesterday and they said I was up for re-review. At this point I'm not really sure what is going on with my application and what all these different responses mean.