UICOM (chicago) vs Loyola Stritch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UICOM
Pros
  • Location of downtown Chicago
  • NBME style exams (im pretty sure)
  • Pass Fail preclincal
  • 18 month preclincal
  • Better reputation especially in surgery
  • Research
  • Illinois medical district

Cons
  • Public institution so maybe less resources available
  • I heard it has a sink or swim reputation


Loyola
Pros
  • Went to undergraduate at loyola so already familar with it and have connections
  • private school (more name recognition)?
  • Pass fail first two years
  • so supportive
  • really enjoyed my interview experience

Cons
  • 2 year preclinical
  • more expensive
  • I don't care for the suburbs tbh

Summary: I think I am interested in ENT so if that helps but IK both schools have an ENT residency. I dont want to regret choosing the state public school over a private school when I know what a private school tends to offer in terms of undergraduate but I am not sure if that transfers to medical school.