Loyola-Chicago vs. BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halekulani

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts? Need help deciding between the two.

Members don't see this ad.

I would personally go to BU, don't really have a great reason. I prefer Boston to Chicago.

I'm thinking it over...leaning towards Loyola now though.

Boston Pros:
Great name university that probably has great facilities and teachers too

Loyola Pros:
1 year program
Cheaper...significantly.
Guaranteed interview if you finish with >3.5 and MCAT 28+

Can anyone else add to the list?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure if I have my info correct, but BU allows you to take medical school courses and Loyola allows you to take graduate courses. BU can be completed in a year if you select the library thesis route. If this is true, I'd select BU over Loyola since success in graduate courses proves you can do well in graduate school. Success with medical school courses proves you can handle medical school.

Additions and Clarifications:

Loyola
guaranteed interview.. its for the year after you graduate, so there would still be the lag year
Newer program: i think only a couple classes have graduated, while BU has been around 15 years
Easier: not to say that it will be easy overall, but from what i've heard BU tends to be much more rigorous
Supporting Staff: both seem to have good support systems in terms of profs and advisors

at least thats the word on the street...

I go to Loyola and the people I know in the program like what they are doing. I can get you in contact with a few if you would like.