Loyola Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FutureERDoc said:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

Me too!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
Only one month to go until we start at Loyola! I have been slowly but surely moving into my apartment in Berwyn. Does anyone know how much cash we need to have on us for orientation week? A lot of my money I've made this summer has went to furnish my apartment :).
Parking permit: $253
Immunizations: $(up to $100 each for titers)
August rent, groceries.

What else? Does anyone buy new books?

Members don't see this ad :)
We also need money for health insurance if we don't have it. I think it is a little more than a thousand dollars. I am going to wait on books to see what we need for sure.

As far as $$$ that is needed...that's kinda a tough call. I personally moved to Oak Park yesterday, so I need some "flow" for all the utilities, rent, parking, etc. Plus I figure there will be a bunch of academic stuff to buy (books, parking pass, health club stuff, etc)...but I agree, it's hard to tell how much cash to have on hand until the fin aid check arrives.

And yes, I can't get onto the webboard either...the password doesn't work.

I just got a request for my immunization record...so that'll be Monday's task.

Can't wait to meet all of you in a couple of weeks...good luck to the waitlisters!

Is anyone planning on calling loyola this week about movement? I have ran out of "reasons" to call.

Hi zoe716 and all of us waitlisters,

I called about two hours ago, the class is still holding. Unless anyone gets offers at other schools, there will be no more movement!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Good luck!!!

Hey Y'all,

Well I'm super psyched. I got called up by Loyola last Thursday, I'm in! So count me in, I found a place in Oak Park already and everything. LOL, I may be the last one admitted to the class of 2008, but whatever, I'm so happy anyway! I'll be looking forward to meeting you all at orientation.

DrBodacious said:
Hey Y'all,

Well I'm super psyched. I got called up by Loyola last Thursday, I'm in! So count me in, I found a place in Oak Park already and everything. LOL, I may be the last one admitted to the class of 2008, but whatever, I'm so happy anyway! I'll be looking forward to meeting you all at orientation.

Congratulations! It must feel great to have things worked out now!

Congrats, and welcome to the family!

Any new waitlist news?

See everyone in a week and a half! I'm Brandon- so come say hi if you see me at orientation. Are you all planning on getting a notebook cpu with the wireless internet? My desktop in my apartment won't work all of a sudden so I am wondering what to do. I suppose we will study a lot on the internet but I would like to get out of paying the phone and internet bill :smuggrin: .

I hear the biochem class we begin with is not as intense as anatomy. It should be a good way to break into the med school workload. I am so ready to get started- I haven't used my brain all summer or my senior year for that matter. Congrats to those who got in off the waitlist. I look forward to seeing you all.

Are there any other ppl on the Alternate List that still have hope for the final week?

Hi Guy6,

I think everyone I know is praying for me to get in!!! Good luck to you too!!

I am also still on the alternate list... hoping for a miracle!! :thumbup: :luck:

as pumped as i am to somehow get into loyola, i don't think i'm ready to start class in 2 weeks!!! summer can't be over yet :( i love you loyola, pick me, pick me! :D

good luck to all those waiting on loyola! :thumbup:

I just called Loyola and it looks like the class is set unless someone doesn't show up to orientation, which is mandatory. So, all of my waitlist friends, it looks like Loyola has passed us by. Best of luck to you all!