loyola interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sotired

sotired
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
obviously i am checking out the interview feedback, etc. but does anyone have any additional insight/advice on the loyola interview experience or the school overall? also, are interviews given now moreso for the waitlist-have chances for an outright acceptance have waned at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

obviously i am checking out the interview feedback, etc. but does anyone have any additional insight/advice on the loyola interview experience or the school overall? also, are interviews given now moreso for the waitlist-have chances for an outright acceptance have waned at this point?

You shouldn't worry too much about the interview, they make it as relaxed as possible. Both my interviewers seemed genuinely interested in me and what I had to say. I would study some ethics issues and formulate an argument on each of them (on both sides of the issue). UoW's site served me well. Know your AMCAS and secondary and you will be fine. Also, I would recommend staying with a student host if possible, mine provided good info and perspective before and after the interviews.
I interviewed on 2/9 and was waitlisted just last week. Someone from the admissions committee called me to let me know that I was being put on the waitlist because there were so few spots left, basically none. So you might be interviewing for a waitlist spot. But, as they will tell you, 1/3 of the class came off the waitlist last year.
Good luck
PM me if you have any more questions.

Loyola interview day was great! They selected interviewers who had some genuine interest in my activites/research, etc., so it was a good experience. The intervew group was small and there was a good lunch. The staff is incredibly friendly, they knew my name when I walked in the door.

I interviewed fairly recently as well, and received my decision last week. it was an acceptance, so they are still handing out acceptances :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
that's awesome! thanks for your input guys. people seem generally pretty happy there, and my past interviews have been in bigger groups so i'm looking forward to a more personalized one. they seem pretty heavy on the ethical stuff though, based on interview feedback

also...does anyone have any thoughts on whether loyola is heavy on stats..or not...or kind of..

also...does anyone have any thoughts on whether loyola is heavy on stats..or not...or kind of..

During the day the reiterated that they try and look at the person as a whole, not just the numbers. Their average MCAT and GPA are not terribly high if that tells anything.

true, last year 1/3 of the entering class came off the waiting list. Loyola is a jesuit school so they probably won't ask you about abortion

not christian , and waitlisted. wonder if im at the bottom of the barrel.i didnt feel like i was defending anything at interview though

true, last year 1/3 of the entering class came off the waiting list. Loyola is a jesuit school so they probably won't ask you about abortion

not christian , and waitlisted. wonder if im at the bottom of the barrel.i didnt feel like i was defending anything at interview though

hmm that is interesting, i wonder if religion factors into it at all

To think that race or religion plays a role in admissions at Loyola is ridiculous. There are a lot of non-Christian, non-whites currently enrolled there. Don't use that as an excuse.

To think that race or religion plays a role in admissions at Loyola is ridiculous. There are a lot of non-Christian, non-whites currently enrolled there. Don't use that as an excuse.

I have to second this. They seemed very open, my interviewer expressed that they like people from all different backgrounds, cultures etc.

when i was looking at their website, i saw this under "About the Interview"- "Once the class is filled, most interviewed candidates are placed on an alternate list and offered positions as they become available before the beginning of the academic year. "

so they tell you explicitly that most interviewed applicants are going to get waitlisted? yikes

I'm not sure as to whether or not their class is currently full, but as has been stated before - they end up taking quite a few people off of the waitlist each year. I'm guessing this is mostly due to the high tuition which causes many to go elsewhere. I'm not sure how generous they are with scholarships - they do have some merit based ones, but I'm unsure as to how many.