Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Loyola MAMS 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by busybee189, Dec 6, 2018.

1. busybee189

I haven't seen a thread for this yet, so I thought I'd create one. I just applied last week, has anyone else heard anything yet? Or have any insight into the program?

veronica11290 likes this.
  2. veronica11290

Im really interested in the program. Im taking the MCAT in march. what are stats? im nervous I wont get in because my gpa isn't the greatest

3. POTUS1995

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    l applied on November 1st and haven't heard back at all. I did call regarding my application status and was told it takes up to 6 weeks for a decision. I guess i'll just keep waiting.

4. Letsberealhere

Hey all I got in today!
    Anyone else hear back yet?

5. mgobluee13

Pre-Medical
    congrats!! do you mind sharing your stats/when you applied?

6. Letsberealhere

Sure!

3.58 ScGPA
    3.71 CumGPA

Applied November 15th but last letter of rec didn’t come until December 16th so my application wasn’t considered until then

7. ecc10101

Pre-Medical
    I was accepted in December, but I'm just now joining SDN! I'm still waiting to hear from some other schools so I haven't decided on Loyola yet but it seems like a great program and I would be excited to go there. I also applied to the MSMP but was not accepted. Is anyone else considering programs elsewhere? If so, where?

8. Letsberealhere

I was accepted to

BU MAMS
    Drexel Interdepartmental Masters
    Loyola MAMS

Interview at Brown MAMS

Turned down Drexel acceptance and Brown interview for BU and Loyola. But I’m 99.99% certain I’m choosing Loyola because I think they’re the best MAMS program

9. ecc10101

Pre-Medical
    I literally just submitted my BU MAMS and Tufts applications today, I'm probably submitting Georgetown within the next week, I hear from Duke on Friday and I have an interview at Wake Forest on Friday as well (NC resident so I thought I should apply to some local schools), but I am leaning towards Loyola as well. Their graduates seem to have a lot of success in matriculating into MD programs, which is the ultimate goal for me! Though I have also heard very good things about BU and Tufts, so I guess I will weigh all my options when I find out from everywhere.

Also, congrats on your acceptances and interviews!

Letsberealhere likes this.
  10. user_0212

I got in last week and confirmed that I will be attending!
    Loyola MAMS was my first choice post-bac, so it's super exciting!

Does anyone know where people usually live/how feasible is it to live within walking distance to campus?

11. Letsberealhere

Congrats on the acceptance!

I’m currently a loyola student so I’m probably going to keep my apartment for when MAMS starts up in the fall.

There are a lot of apartments nearby campus (~5 min walk) so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a place

12. ecc10101

Pre-Medical
    From what I've read on past posts, people stay in Roger's Park if you want to be super close to campus (but apparently parts of this area can be sketchy) or near the Wrigleyville/Lakeview area if you don't mind a longer commute to live in a nicer area. I don't have any personal experience or knowledge of these areas though so I've been trying to research it as well. I also read somewhere that you should try to avoid living directly south of the Lakeshore campus because this can be a sketchy area as well, but I haven't seen many people speak to that so I'm not sure how true that is.

13. Letsberealhere

As a loyola student and someone who currently lives in Rogers Park, it’s the opposite. North side is sketchy, most students live west and south of Loyola. Loyola is in the north side of Chicago so you’re no where near the south side.

Surrounding are of Loyola may mot be as safe but campus police are always patrolling at all hours of the night so students of Loyola are safe

ecc10101 likes this.
  14. ecc10101

Pre-Medical
    Thank you! Do you mind if I PM you with other questions about Loyola or living in Chicago in general? I've honestly never even visited so I know next to nothing about it.

15. Letsberealhere

Yeah of course!

16. Letsberealhere

Do y’all know if there’s a Facebook group?

user_0212 likes this.
  17. mcatgpa

2+ Year Member

Does anyone know the dates for the following:
    - orientation
    - start of the Fall semester

Letsberealhere likes this.