Loyola or Rush?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joejabjab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's been a while for me.

Trying to decide between Loyola IM or Rush IM. Any thoughts? I'm interested in cardiology.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you mean you'll take care of Rush? I don't understand.

I do not know what the person above means by "I'll take care of Rush" - sounds stupid to me.

Anyway, Loyola is better program in terms of training, unless you really click with the staff at Rush and feel like you belong there - than it will be more fun to go to Rush, but Loyola is better academically and in terms of teaching.

I do not know what the person above means by "I'll take care of Rush" - sounds stupid to me.

Anyway, Loyola is better program in terms of training, unless you really click with the staff at Rush and feel like you belong there - than it will be more fun to go to Rush, but Loyola is better academically and in terms of teaching.

It's called a joke. And it's not too difficult to figure out. means you go to loyola and leave a spot for me at rush. there you go. peace.

also have you been at both places? do you truly know how the attendings teach at both places? or are you just talkin?

It's called a joke. And it's not too difficult to figure out. means you go to loyola and leave a spot for me at rush. there you go. peace.

also have you been at both places? do you truly know how the attendings teach at both places? or are you just talkin?

I have, and my feeling was that the teaching was comparable. Why do you prefer Rush over Loyola or other places in Chicago?

I have, and my feeling was that the teaching was comparable. Why do you prefer Rush over Loyola or other places in Chicago?

hey joe, that's cool to know that you have been to both places. Well actually Rush is the only place in chicago that I even applied to. I am an osteopathic student so I knew that they are probably the most friendly and I was fortunate enough to get an interview. I am trying to decide between them, University of Iowa, and Florida for my number one.

I had heard that roughly 7000 people applied to Rush this year with 600 interviews granted. do you know if this holds any truth? Anyway good luck with your decisions. From what I have read on SDN it seems like most of the top chicago programs are pretty equal and will give you what you want in the end in terms of fellowships and what not.

hey joe, that's cool to know that you have been to both places. Well actually Rush is the only place in chicago that I even applied to. I am an osteopathic student so I knew that they are probably the most friendly and I was fortunate enough to get an interview. I am trying to decide between them, University of Iowa, and Florida for my number one.

I had heard that roughly 7000 people applied to Rush this year with 600 interviews granted. do you know if this holds any truth? Anyway good luck with your decisions. From what I have read on SDN it seems like most of the top chicago programs are pretty equal and will give you what you want in the end in terms of fellowships and what not.

I don't know about the application count at Rush, but when I went to interview, there were at least 60 applicants there (including some pre-lims). This was by far the largest group I saw on the interview trail.

I share the same opinion regarding the bigger Chicago programs. UofC and Northwestern are obviously strong, but UIC, Loyola and Rush are large programs with decent fellowship placement reputations.

I also interviewed at UIowa Iowa City. I liked that program too.

Good luck to you too.

-Joe