Loyola Stritch vs. SUNY Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meep1313

Reaction score
Loyola Stritch
Pros
  • visited in person and got an incredibly warm and welcoming attitude from the students, they seemed less stressed
  • truly pass fail from what limited knowledge I was able to get
Cons
  • the facilities are of lower quality than SUNY Buffalo
  • unranked
SUNY Buffalo
Pros
  • great facilities
  • highly ranked school, lots of research opportunities
Cons
  • the student atmosphere was really solemn when I visited, diversity was close to non existent
  • students are put on a quartile system in the second year, would be a huge amount of stress for me
Additional Info: I’m not thinking about tuition at this stage. Struggling to pick which school would allow me to go into more competitive specialties.

Members don't see this ad.

Loyola may be unranked, but the name is well known.
Choose the school at which you would be happier. If you are happy, you will do well. If you do well, you will have better opportunities.

Reactions: 1 users
congrats

from speaking with students i got this: loyola is not true p/f, it is p/f M1 and M2 and honors/high pass/p/f in M3 and M4 with internal ranking put into quartiles (or thirds? fifths?) with 70% based on clinical 30% preclinical. reported on deans letter. translated into a word description (ex. 75-100%= exceptional 50-75% =good, etc.)

Reactions: 1 user
Pick the cheaper school and/or the one that puts you closer to your support system. Neither school will hold you back, it will up to you how you match.

Reactions: 1 user