LSU c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crichard

Reaction score
Starting a thread!

Members don't see this ad.

2nd time app, first to LSU….OOS!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I submitted my application yesterday and then got this email today. When I open the link it says (second picture). Did anyone else get this? I’m assuming it’s a scam.
? I think it may be a scam
IMG_0217.jpg

Last edited:
I haven’t gotten anything from any other schools either.

Last edited:
It’s not a scam! Try opening it on your computer. The portal works and should update you with any notifications as time goes on!

It’s not a scam! Try opening it on your computer. The portal works and should update you with any notifications as time goes on!

I tried and it still has the same message on my laptop!

I tried and it still has the same message on my laptop!
How weird! I just tried it an it is also not working for me, but it had been for a while previously. It may just be having issues!

How weird! I just tried it an it is also not working for me, but it had been for a while previously. It may just be having issues!

I ended up just dismissing it and looking at it but now I’m worried maybe someone hacked the site and now my VMCAS ID is in there. I just don’t want anything compromised.

Members don't see this ad :)
First time applying to LSU OOS due to their new requirements! Third time applying overall :)

How did you guys answer the diversity inclusion essay?
I kinda tied to being able to help more clients who might not seek care because, for example, language barriers. As well as tie in increase in support within vet med if we bring in more diversity/inclusion because people will be able to relate to others!

First time applying to LSU and my second time applying overall (OOS)!

First time OOS! Also did you guys receive anything yet in terms of a portal?

Since they are looking at all apps I imagine everyone will go through this step right? This is just to tell us they have officially started looking?

For some reason, my computer will not let me check my status on the "Check Status" website. Is anyone else having these issues? Until today I have been able to use it.

For some reason, my computer will not let me check my status on the "Check Status" website. Is anyone else having these issues? Until today I have been able to use it.

Do you use google chrome? Mine did that and I just clicked the "advanced" button and then clicked the link to proceed to the website

Has anyone gotten anything except for folder review? I heard that they changed their OOS application process where they're not only looking at 150 or 250 OOS applicants anymore starting this year, but I don't really know.

I got put into the folder review yesterday! Crossing my fingers!!

Has anyone gotten anything except for folder review? I heard that they changed their OOS application process where they're not only looking at 150 or 250 OOS applicants anymore starting this year, but I don't really know.
How many are they looking at? Less than 150?

First time OOS applicant, I was just wondering does everyone get moved to folder review or was there a previous screening? Thanks and good luck everyone!

First time OOS applicant, I was just wondering does everyone get moved to folder review or was there a previous screening? Thanks and good luck everyone!
I think everyone gets moved to folder review if they met the basic requirements, but not entirely sure!

I think they are looking at all OOS in general, rather than 150-250 OOS applicants with the highest GPA if that makes sense.
Actually for OOS they “no longer have to rank in the top 250 candidates based on GPAs to be evaluated. All completed applications will be evaluated in the focused academic review, general review, or both.”

Attachments

• IMG_0576.png
    IMG_0576.png
    240.4 KB · Views: 121
Actually for OOS they “no longer have to rank in the top 250 candidates based on GPAs to be evaluated. All completed applications will be evaluated in the focused academic review, general review, or both.”
Yup! They have a more holistic approach this year.

When I applied last year they evaluated in the top 150-250, but because I didn't quite make that cut, I was no longer being considered by the end of October. I am very happy that they have decided to evaluate more holistically, because IMPO a GPA and test scores do not define a student.

Reactions: 3 users
I noticed they mentioned they may or may not hold interviews? Anyone know what they’ve done the last few years?

I noticed they mentioned they may or may not hold interviews? Anyone know what they’ve done the last few years?
I am IS and interviewed last year with LSU! All zoom interviews, but I believe last year they did not interview OOS applicants. They just sent out acceptances/rejections/waitlist decisions. It was sent out late December last year!