LSU c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many OOS offers/ acceptances last year?
Previous Class Statistics | LSU Vet Med here are the previous class statistics! Looks like they offered 37 seats outside of Puerto Rico and Arkansas. I know they are increasing class size to about 200 this year so that number will most likely increase.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Attended the information session today- they confirmed updates would be sent out in “late December”

They also shared that they’re looking to accept about 60 OOS students this year, however, they received approx. 1500 OOS applications. Those odds make my chances seem abysmal 😩

Reactions: 1 users
Attended the information session today- they confirmed updates would be sent out in “late December”

They also shared that they’re looking to accept about 60 OOS students this year, however, they received approx. 1500 OOS applications. Those odds make my chances seem abysmal 😩
I was on that call too and when they said that I was like : oh no

Reactions: 1 user

They also shared that they’re looking to accept about 60 OOS students this year, however, they received approx. 1500 OOS applications. Those odds make my chances seem abysmal

Oh wow, I thought it’d be more oos since they’re expanding their class size. Hoping for the best.

But is that outside of their contract with Arkansas? or include it? Just wondering, had a test during the session time and couldn’t attend.

But is that outside of their contract with Arkansas? or include it? Just wondering, had a test during the session time and couldn’t attend.
Yea 60 excluding Arkansas and PR , there was I believe 250 IS and about 100 of the seats will go to IS 40 split between Arkansas/PR 60 for everyone else

Yea 60 excluding Arkansas and PR , there was I believe 250 IS and about 100 of the seats will go to IS 40 split between Arkansas/PR 60 for everyone else
Did they say how many Arkansas residents applied this term?

Did they say how many Arkansas residents applied this term?
They did not, but they did say it was about 2000 overall, and 1500 OOS + 250 IS. So the other 250 would be both Arkansas and PR applicants

Is there a recording of the session shared anywhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know that there was an info session- was it sent out via email? If so, I never received one :(

I didn't know that there was an info session- was it sent out via email? If so, I never received one :(
I didn’t receive an email either- the only reason I knew about it was because there was a Google form posted to the APVMA Facebook page. There were only about 10 people that attended the info session.

I didn’t receive an email either- the only reason I knew about it was because there was a Google form posted to the APVMA Facebook page. There were only about 10 people that attended the info session.
Well, considering they didn't make it very well known I wonder why only 10 people were there LOL

• Haha
Did they say when they are going to notify us?
Late December was all they said, I’m hoping that means by end of next week given that the week after next are the holidays

Also did they say they are looking more towards grades and academics or experience and LORs

A bit confused by this-does this mean that some candidates will be accepted as early as December? Was this always the case? Also, is a rejection possible in December as well? I thought all decisions were Feb but the way this reads it could come earlier.

Attachments

• F0D11A09-0BE0-48E5-8B2F-65AEAD3504DD.jpeg
    F0D11A09-0BE0-48E5-8B2F-65AEAD3504DD.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 134
A bit confused by this-does this mean that some candidates will be accepted as early as December? Was this always the case? Also, is a rejection possible in December as well? I thought all decisions were Feb but the way this reads it could come earlier.

Yes. last year they sent out OOS acceptances/rejections and IS/Arkansas/Puerto Rico interview invites/rejections in late December! Then if you are a IS/Arkansas/Puerto Rico applicant that got an interview, we heard back on final decisions in February!

It would be nice if they announce something on the 15th...

It would be nice if they announce something on the 15th...
It would be nice… but with the number of apps they got this year, combined with their new admissions processes, I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t hear anything until 12/22.

Are the only doing interviews for IS and Seats?
Historically, the only people interviewed are in state applicants. OOS applicants are accepted/rejected just on the application with no interviews given.

OOS Denied :( Knew it was coming but ughhhh.

Good luck to everyone else and congrats for those who got in!!!

OOS Alternate. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!!

OOS rejected... I am losing hope

Congratulations to those who got accepted!!

I am an out of state and I’m an alternate, does anyone know how many alternates they typically have?

OOS denied, congrats to everyone else who got accepted!

OOS rejection. I lost almost all hope after attending the information session and hearing that they received 1500+ OOS applications this year. I already have an acceptance and several interviews elsewhere, but rejections still sting.

Congratulations to everyone accepted! Y’all are incredible

Reactions: 4 users
What were the stats of the OOS acceptances and alternates?!

OOS acceptance! congratulations everyone who got in!

Reactions: 6 users
OOS denied :/

This was my fourth rejection this cycle, 4 more to hear from. Congrats to all accepted!

IS denied. Good luck with interviews everyone!

What were the stats of the OOS acceptances and alternates?!
I made a post with my stats a while back in the WAMC forum if you want to go look at mine! Honestly I don't think they were anything crazy special and I definitely wouldn't have been in the top 250 GPA wise so I'm thankful they started looking more holistically!