LSU Dental School Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

accepted at 7:12am by email - good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted. That 3 month wait was torture. Hope others hear good news too.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the acceptance email this morning! Is there a Facebook page for our class yet? So excited to meet everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted :(

I am as well :( Does anyone know how quickly the OOS alternate list moves?
I was waitlisted last year, I know how it feels. Don't feel disappointed or down, even getting to the interview stage is significant (LSU interviews 120 people for 1000+ applications).

Im sure you're wondering if there will be any waitlist movement, last year I do not think there was many if any at all, but every year is different. Do not quote me on this but I think someone told me OOS waitlist movement may be different than in-state so it moves much quicker.

I am willing to help anyone who's been waitlisted, just reach out to me and I can tell you what to do and what the admissions committee likes to see.

Goodluck guys. I hope to see yall in the class of 2025.

Reactions: 1 user
What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking? And what did you improve from last year?
No worries, I had a 20 AA / 21 TS with a 3.4 GPA.

I basically improved my whole application, increased gpa slightly, more volunteer hours, more shadowing, more EC's, committee letter, and I applied early (the first day).

Most importantly, what i think was huge for this year was I applied early and I killed my interview, it could not have gone better. Last year, I completely butchered it, i was very nervous and etc.

I noticed your stats in your signature, are you IS or OOS?

Awesome- congrats as well! I am IS. I am very shocked to say the least.
thank you, and that is indeed very shocking your stats are great and way above average as i'm sure your already aware.

id probably get in touch with the admissions dean if you haven't already and see his opinion on your application / interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for this reply, it makes me feel so much better!! I’m in state so I’ve kinda already told myself that it’s a slim to none chance that I’m going to receive an offer as I’m sure the IS waitlist moves a lot slower if at all. I got in touch with Dr. Cheramie and asked what I could work on/where my weaknesses are, and at this point he couldn’t really provide any specific feedback and that he was hopeful that there would be some movement in the alternate list. So I’m not exactly sure what went wrong, but I’m just going to keep working on any aspects of the application that I can. I have a 21 AA/21 TS 3.9 GPA and asked if I needed to try to improve that and he didn’t really say anything so I may try the DAT again—not sure yet. I thought the interview went okay but maybe I botched that 🙃. I am soooooo happy for those of y’all that got accepted though, LSU really seems like an amazing school! Hope all of you have an amazing D1 year!! ♥️I’ll definitely reach out in the future if that’s okay with you for some advice for next years cycle!!
No worries! Your stats are great and above average. You're on the right track though just keep working on any aspect of your application. I honestly do not know if a re-take is worth it but then again im not on the admissions committee.

Feel free to reach out whenever, I'm always happy to help.

Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? I’d think there would be since we passed the deadline for deposits.

Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? I’d think there would be since we passed the deadline for deposits.
I don’t think the in-state waitlist moves at all if any. People are not going to give up that in-state tuition.

I do however think they have a separate OOS waitlist which may have more movement. But I am not 100% sure.

Does anyone know what OOS stats are?
Unsure of exact numbers but they are definitely higher than in-state averages (21 AA & 3.6) due to the fact that there are only around ~10-15 out of state spots for a class of 75.

when do they send rejections?
Last cycle i received a rejection at the end of February / early March I think.

This cycle may have rejections sent out at a different time obviously but I believe the class of 2025 has already been finalized.

Just rescinded my spot, hope someone off the waitlist gets lucky!

Hey, if any of yall have any advice for the upcoming cycle please message me! I'm a reapplicant, got my master's, 3.5 gpa 20AA, americorps for a year.. planning to retake the dat in July. Thanks in advance!

Hey, if any of yall have any advice for the upcoming cycle please message me! I'm a reapplicant, got my master's, 3.5 gpa 20AA, americorps for a year.. planning to retake the dat in July. Thanks in advance!
Any reason for re-taking your DAT? 20 AA seems like a pretty acceptable score.

Have you already reached out to Dr. Cheramie to see how to make your application stronger?

Rejected without interview 7am pst. I applied around mid july.