LSU New Orleans Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
..I figured I'd give this thread a bump..

I see the light at the end of the Block 2 tunnel!

..geez..I need to get off sdn and back to studying..

PS....it's Friday night, and the MDLs are way too quiet...:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

..never mind about the MDLs being quiet..
people are just hiding in the corner pocket rooms...which is kind of eerie..:rolleyes:

..I figured I'd give this thread a bump..

I see the light at the end of the Block 2 tunnel!

..geez..I need to get off sdn and back to studying..

PS....it's Friday night, and the MDLs are way too quiet...:laugh:

MDLs weren't quiet for the short time I was there.

There were s'mores.

Members don't see this ad :)
..quit sporcling in SPM, the most useful class ever...:D

PS..the guy next to you has a awesome desktop background even though I don't know the states..

Haha. Sporcling is what gets me through the class.

Though, I actually started to pay attention a little bit. The cardiologist guy had some interesting stuff.

Haha. Sporcling is what gets me through the class.

Though, I actually started to pay attention a little bit. The cardiologist guy had some interesting stuff.

Sporcling does get me through the class as well.

Btw, state background = me :laugh:

That was probably the DxR lecture where I payed the most attention. It really wasn't that bad.

I am going to be attending LSU New Orleans next fall and I was looking for some advice about what to expect during the first year. Also, what does registration day entail and what do we have to bring? Any advice would be helpful since this is all new to me!

Thanks!:smuggrin:

I am going to be attending LSU New Orleans next fall and I was looking for some advice about what to expect during the first year. Also, what does registration day entail and what do we have to bring? Any advice would be helpful since this is all new to me!

I think we got schedules sometime in july with exact times of what was going on. Also, orientation is different for each incoming class, since its run by a different group each year. (so our orientation was run by the current L2s, and your orientation is run by us -the current L1s)

only advice I can give is to dress nice. it's picture day. and it's the picture that all your profs get when they try to learn your name (it's also the one that shows up on the class database..).

otherwise, first year is awesome. enjoy the time off you have now though:laugh:

Don't forget a pen and a checkbook. :laugh:

You'll get more information later, I wouldn't worry about it too much right now.

Pain. Lots and lots of pain. Have a nice day.

Members don't see this ad :)
great sound effects in phys, courtesy of Dr. Potter...:rolleyes:

It was exciting. Perhaps a former career doing sound effects in hollywood.

Hello! I'm an incoming med student and I've heard that some people have had issues with loans being disbursed late. Do you remember when your student loans were disbursed last year?

Thanks!

Hello! I'm an incoming med student and I've heard that some people have had issues with loans being disbursed late. Do you remember when your student loans were disbursed last year?

Thanks!

Last year they switched over to a new lender and that pushed things back a lot. It also caused some students' loans (like mine) to show up about 2 or 3 weeks after they were supposed to.

This year shouldn't have as much confusion, but I remember getting my money around late August last year. Most people got theirs a week earlier or around the same time.

Hey guys,

From the main allo boards, it seemed like netter's was the only essential books for first year, but that's not too school specific. What do you guys recommend picking up? Probably getting some books from someone who just graduated, but interested regardless.

Also, congrats on the whitecoats, but stop flooding the cafeteria for lunch, it's getting congested!

Hey guys,

From the main allo boards, it seemed like netter's was the only essential books for first year, but that's not too school specific. What do you guys recommend picking up? Probably getting some books from someone who just graduated, but interested regardless.

Also, congrats on the whitecoats, but stop flooding the cafeteria for lunch, it's getting congested!

BRS Anatomy
High Yield Embryology

BRS Phys
Lippincott's
First Aid

cutouts for both semesters

Make sure you like Netter's... A lot of people (me included) found Gilroy to be better.

Bummer, I was really hoping for "you just need the notes."

Thanks for the advice, and thanks for mentioning gilroy, will check them both out

Any other useful advice for first year?!

Don't wait too long to start studying

Look at the cutout questions a week or so before the test

Actually learn stuff in lab (and on more cadavers than your own)

Only look at Mark's slides for Histo lab

Don't buy all the medical equipment unless you really want it and have the cash to spare

Get the notes

...I'm not going to recommend stuff for the spring because you shouldn't even begin to think about that yet

Any advice for the spring semester of first year?:D

Any advice for the spring semester of first year?:D

Don't go to class unless it's Biochem with Vedeckis. Study instead - you'll be done by lunch every day and have plenty of time to do whatever you want.

Enjoy spring semester - it's the best time you'll have. You have so much free time and the stuff isn't that bad.

Don't go to class unless it's Biochem with Vedeckis. Study instead - you'll be done by lunch every day and have plenty of time to do whatever you want.

Enjoy spring semester - it's the best time you'll have. You have so much free time and the stuff isn't that bad.

i dunno.. I went to all the classes. living on campus makes it hard to come up with an excuse to not go to class. I guess if you really wanted to skip some lectures, Dr. Potter's lectures were pretty worthless to go to. Otherwise, make sure you look at the neuroscience question/summary thing that I'm sure is floating around.

BRS Anatomy
High Yield Embryology

BRS Phys
Lippincott's
First Aid

cutouts for both semesters

Make sure you like Netter's... A lot of people (me included) found Gilroy to be better.

I guess I'm quite a bit late to the party, but fwiw.. I used a combo of gray's and grant's..netter's made my head explode because there were too many labels on one page.