Impacted Molar

10+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I'm externing at LSU-Shreveport in June wondering if any of you had any helpful advice. Thanks in advance

GoGatorsDMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2004
Status
From what I remember, even numbered months are not trauma call except for isolated mandible fractures. Plenty of those to go around though. Also you can get your extraction experience up as well in the clinic. Might be some wicked cancer surgeries scheduled. It's a great externship, they'll keep you busy.

Count Orlok

Octagonecologyst
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I have heard it is pretty intense maybe take a nap or drink some green tea or something before you go. ;)

How did you get you get the scoop on the externship? did you just call down there or did you find some info online? their website always has that darn "coming soon..." stuff on it.

I have sometime before I start externing, but it is nice to at least know where to look when the time comes.

OP
I

Impacted Molar

10+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I just called down there, and they emailed me the application. The lady I spoke with was extremely nice, and very helpful.

DrTacoElf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
www.garyseeba.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
THey have free parking :D, and you can stay in the call room it is a suite (2 bunk beds on your side) TV on the residents side.