You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LSU SVM Class of 2019 Applicants
Started by greeneyegal92
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm applying! With very little hope since they don't accept many OOS and the GPA in the statistics seem high... But I'm applying nonetheless!
I am about to finish the supplemental today or tomorrow... I am definitely not looking forward to the waiting part either..
Best of luck to all! 😉
I am about to finish the supplemental today or tomorrow... I am definitely not looking forward to the waiting part either..
Best of luck to all! 😉
I interviewed here last year as an OOS applicant if you guys have any questions about how that works! Ultimately was waitlisted and never got called off, but I'd still be glad to help 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so glad you're both out of state!! I'm out of state too and so nervous 🙁 But LSU is my dream so I'm going for it anyway!
I just turned in my supplemental yesterday and mailed in my money today! I'm both excited and broke haha
I just turned in my supplemental yesterday and mailed in my money today! I'm both excited and broke haha
Good luck y'all! I'm a current second year, so if you have any questions about the school, feel free to PM me.
LSU is on my list this year too. Good luck everyone!
This is my first time to apply to LSU. I am looking forward to it! 🙂
Gahh! So I checked the status check thing and they have the wrong GRE scores listed for me...why???? I emailed them about the error. Hopefully I'll hear back soon. It's just so frustrating that we spend all this money applying and then random crap like this happens to make a super stressful process even more so.
Oh you will form quite the love/hate relationship with the status check system haha
I'm just freaking out cuz the scores they have suck! They are for sure not my best haha. And I have no idea if it's their problem or if ETS sent only my old scores and not my new ones (which are way, way better).Oh you will form quite the love/hate relationship with the status check system haha
I'm just freaking out cuz the scores they have suck! They are for sure not my best haha. And I have no idea if it's their problem or if ETS sent only my old scores and not my new ones (which are way, way better).
Just email them and they'll sort it out or let you know what's up. Every time I emailed them last year they responded very quickly!
I did that this morning when I found out and have been obsessively checking my email ever since haha. Hopefully it gets sorted soon so I can let the other schools I applied to know if it's an ets problem since some of the score deadlines were today.
Do any of the re-applicants, past applicants or, current students know when LSU starts sending out denials? I have already been VMCAS verified now I'm just waiting to hear from my schools. I don't want to be denied at all but it'd still be nice to know
As far as I remember, they don't actually send out hardly anything, you have to check the status page. They might have put an estimated date up there. You could also try looking at some of the previous rejections threads.
I'm a second year too, and also open to PMs! Good luck and I completely agree with allygator - your relationship with the status check system will become intense. Just remember that every relationship has its highs and lows, and if it doesn't talk to you (update) for a while, it's probably nothing you did. It is just like that sometimes. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh dang, what's the link to that again?
Oh dang, what's the link to that again?
Here it is...
http://www1.vetmed.lsu.edu/Admissions/DVMadmissionsInfo/Status Check System/item28401.html
I have it saved in favorites so it's on my tool bar 😛 haha just slightly obsessed with checking no big deal!
I'm just wondering how long it'll take for them to update the coursework sections. They have everything from me yet it still says TBA so the waiting continues. And I tried to estimate what my numbers would look like but I'd like to know for certain.
They probably won't start releasing that info until November I believe 🙁 I have all of my stuff in as well ( and have for a while) and still TBA for my GPA sections
Just checked today and have got all my numbers up. Now I just have to hope I'm in the top and can move on to folder review? @slfamzie do they email you when they start folder reviews or is it pretty much up to you to just keep being neurotic and checking every 5 mins (or so it seems lol)
If I remember correctly, it's all about checking that stupid page every 5 min. (if you're as obsessive as I am). They will periodically send emails about things, but for the most part it's all through status check. However, if you do have any problems, Jared Granier is very good about getting back to you via email.
Still have no numbers for me 🙁...but I am a "Z" last name so I'm use to being last haha
Still have no numbers for me 🙁...but I am a "Z" last name so I'm use to being last haha
I'm a "W" and I'm still waiting as well
Oh I'm an "H" so maybe that's why?
Yeah I'm a B and it was updated quite awhile ago, so I'd guess they're doing it alphabetically.
I just hate the waiting...it'd make me feel better if I at least heard something! 

My numbers are up now!
Congrats! Welcome to the wait-some-more club. =PMy numbers are up now!
My numbers are up now too! Idk if I'm excited about that or if it makes me more anxious...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Welcome to the wait-some-more club. =P
Well hopefully since I'm a "W" then my wait won't be too long because it states that once they have everyone's numbers in then they will start on the next process of ranking the applicants and updating our status
🤣"wait some more club" ...We should have t-shirts made!Congrats! Welcome to the wait-some-more club. =P
So I get an email from LSU today reminding me to check the "status checker".... WHY GOD WHY would I need a reminder? I thought maybe something had been updated since the last time I checked (five minutes ago)... NOPE...wait some more! 



Yeah I was like... DID SOMETHING CHANGE?!? Nope... thank you automated email of redundancy.So I get an email from LSU today reminding me to check the "status checker".... WHY GOD WHY would I need a reminder? I thought maybe something had been updated since the last time I checked (five minutes ago)... NOPE...wait some more!![]()
So I get an email from LSU today reminding me to check the "status checker".... WHY GOD WHY would I need a reminder? I thought maybe something had been updated since the last time I checked (five minutes ago)... NOPE...wait some more!![]()
I know right!! I checked thinking "omg did they update?!" NOPE THEY DIDNT.


Only one of the biggest let downs ever...I'm not sure who these people are who aren't checking I think they're the crazy ones; not us constant checkers! 😛 haha
Darn looks like no LSU for me lol
Same here. At least I don't have to check that stupid status checker anymore!
Yup haha
I have to say I expected rejection, but failed to factor in just how much it would actually suck to *feel* rejected. It's like going from the "wait some more club" to the "not quite good enough club"... oh well. Thankfully have two other apps pending. Hopefully one of those works out.
I have to say I expected rejection, but failed to factor in just how much it would actually suck to *feel* rejected. It's like going from the "wait some more club" to the "not quite good enough club"... oh well. Thankfully have two other apps pending. Hopefully one of those works out.
Good luck!
Thanks. Same to you.
You should be able to see what your status is on the site in the first row/column intersection. As far as I know, LSU only communicates by this site and maybe email.@Maddiegirl so you already got a rejection letter?! Do you see that on the status checker or they sent you an email??
Thanks!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Folder under review...excited that I made the cut but dreading more waiting. Good luck everyone!
Seeing the numbers laid out like that... idk it's just a good feeling! =DFolder under review...excited that I made the cut but dreading more waiting. Good luck everyone!
That's what mine said. Oh well. Glad it wasn't my first choice.Well....just checked my status!
No Longer Under Consideration - Committee Decision (Below Top 150)... 🙁
Good Luck to Everyone else!!!![]()
Yup I'm rejected too 🙁
Time to start planning my life for next year! Good luck top 150 🙂
Time to start planning my life for next year! Good luck top 150 🙂
