LSU Class of 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone on APVMA Facebook page said they were denied on Friday
I saw that! I’m wondering if they found out via email or portal. Usually they won’t email denials and you’ll have to just check the portal

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody tried reaching out to see when decisions will come out?

Has anybody tried reaching out to see when decisions will come out?
I haven't spoken to anyone directly, but the dean mentioned yesterday that they received over 1500 applications (the most they've ever received.) So maybe it'll be delayed this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't spoken to anyone directly, but the dean mentioned yesterday that they received over 1500 applications (the most they've ever received.) So maybe it'll be delayed this year?
do you think the majority is out of state or is there an increase in instate as well?

LSU just released decisions! IS rejection :confused: Competition must be really fierce this year. Good luck everyone else!!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Out of State Alternate, so will still be hopeful :). Anyone who made it, Congrats!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted. I am a 2nd year student at LSU SVM right now. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year if you decide to accept your position. :) I was an out of state applicant so I'm happy to talk to anyone about their application that plans to reapply next year. Out of State acceptances let me know if you have any questions about Baton Rouge. Also, if anyone plans to come to Open House at LSU SVM on Jan 28th I'll be at the Ask A Vet Student table. Feel free to stop by and lets chat!

Reactions: 1 user
I just interviewed this past weekend, I think it went well! This is my third time applying to LSU and last year I was on the IS alternate list. I thought my interview this year was sort of easier than last years, like more relaxed kind of. That might just be because I’m not as anxious since I’ve interviewed before now though, lol.

LSU OOS Arkansas contract seat acceptance!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
those that accepted their seats, if we do NOT have any outstanding prerequisites after submitting the VMCAS, do we need to submit fall and spring transcripts?

I received an OOS acceptance back in December w/o an interview but I will be declining my seat, as I was accepted into my IS. Excited for the deserving applicant on the waitlist that will get some good news soon!

OOS off waitlist yesterday! I declined my spot, good luck to you all!!

Just a heads up for anyone who is waiting to hear from LSU… I was originally rejected with no waitlist offer in December, and just received an acceptance email due to “unusual circumstances.” I will be rejecting my offer as I was already accepted to two contract seat schools, so good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone that was accepted know when we are supposed to send our transcripts to them?

Does anyone that was accepted know when we are supposed to send our transcripts to them?
That's what worries me - they said by June 1, but I don't graduate until the end of May and I'm worried the transcript won't be ready/finalized in time 😭 but June 1 was the deadline I saw in order to show you passed any outstanding prerequisites. If you've already passed all your prereqs idk when proof of graduation is due though