Lull in Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed845

Reaction score
does anyone else feel like there is a lull in the app cycle right now? not very many II's being sent out etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I've been sort of a tea-leaf reader on the scale of the Kremlin watchers in the 1970s, but I would say YES, I have noticed this....it's like a big wave went through and now....crickets.

Reactions: 6 users
Has the "big wave" of IIs gone out yet? Or are we still somewhere around the midpoint?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it certainly feels like it, even though it's probably confirmation bias because we're not getting as many interviews as we would like lol

Schools like Baylor, NYU, Columbia have not given out interviews in a month, and in past years, they have doled out IIs consistently until they run out. I think perhaps because it's mid-interview season, and a lot of schools are pausing to see if they need to troubleshoot their virtual interview day.

Yeah it certainly feels like it, even though it's probably confirmation bias because we're not getting as many interviews as we would like lol

Schools like Baylor, NYU, Columbia have not given out interviews in a month, and in past years, they have doled out IIs consistently until they run out. I think perhaps because it's mid-interview season, and a lot of schools are pausing to see if they need to troubleshoot their virtual interview day.

Have they really not given out interviews in a month?! I know the interview tracker reports that but I wasn't sure if it was just SDN bias.

Have they really not given out interviews in a month?! I know the interview tracker reports that but I wasn't sure if it was just SDN bias.

NYU definitely has not given out IIs since Sept 28, because they announce IIs and As on their MD Admissions twitter. Other schools are just speculation based on info from SDN and interview tracker.

I know there's been a lot of debate on whether or not schools have kept the same timeline regardless of covid, but there are schools that are clearly behind.

Reactions: 2 users

I got an interview to Columbia within the last month.

My cycle has actually been heating up actually.

Unless you're Toledo who still hasn't started sending any interviews...

• Wow
  • Hmm
What are they waiting for???

They're trying to troubleshoot their MMI platform. I imagine there'll be a flood of Toledo IIs when they reach a solution.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
As an Ohio resident, this Toledo news is both concerning yet reassuring since (obiously) I have not gotten anything from them.

AAMC meets in early November each year. There is always a lull before, during and after that multi-day event as med school big wigs, including the deans of admissions, travel to the meeting. This year there is no travel but I would expect that the association had some virtual meetings that still required administrators to carve out time and take a break from inviting and interviewing.

Reactions: 10 users
is there something going on this week? seem to be not a lot of II's overall