M1's Summer and USMLE Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vir0n

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a current M1 planning to make some time this summer to stock up on USMLE books and perhaps throw in some review from this year.

What are some MUST buy books for USMLE studying? I hear BRS Physiology, BRS Pathology, and First Aid are good ones. What about for pharmacology? Immuno? Biochem (this is a biggie for me, since I HATE biochemistry)?

Thanks,

vir0n

Members don't see this ad.

I am a current M1 planning to make some time this summer to stock up on USMLE books and perhaps throw in some review from this year.

What are some MUST buy books for USMLE studying? I hear BRS Physiology, BRS Pathology, and First Aid are good ones. What about for pharmacology? Immuno? Biochem (this is a biggie for me, since I HATE biochemistry)?

Thanks,

vir0n

There are no must buy books.

Go to the bookstore and flip through a few of the books and see which styles you prefer.

My preference:
First Aid
BRS Physiology
RR Pathology
HY Neuroanatomy
Kaplan Biochemistry (awesome)
Pharm Roadmap (only for reference)
Immunology? I didn't buy anything, I checked out Levinson's Review from our library and read the 90 pg. section and annotated FA.

True, it depends on your own preference. For me it's been so far:

FA
Step up (I don't even know why I bought this one...has some good charts/diagrams though)
RR Path/Brs Path (I like RR better)
BRS phys
HY Neuro
HY molec 99
Immuno (eeek! I don't have any yet)
Pharm (none, I'll just stick to FA)
Biochem: I have BRS and Lippi from MSI
Some Kaplan books

I think that's it :eek: