Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a SO of an M2. We have been together for almost two years. last year was tough but we had a lot of fun. this summer we travelled together for two months - amazing!. but since the beginning of this year things have been pretty rocky. he has been very depressed about school and about everything. he barely goes to lecture, he complains about how uninterested he is. he became very distant with me. we split for a month to think about things, so he could get his head on straight about school, career paths, relationships, etc. and I could evaluate if this relationship was something i could deal with. he spent most of the time drinking with buddies which i guess is his way of working things out. i spent a lot of time thinking things over in my head. after a month we realized that we missed each other a lot and would rather be together than apart. he said all these amazing things the night we got back together about how much this relationship means to him. three weeks later - he is still totally out of it.
School is not fulfilling and he is questioning medicine altogether. he is thinking about taking a year in between 2 and 3 for the MBA program or an NIH research position. he admitted that he thought getting back together would make everything else better (as if i can control how intellectually stimulated he is by his classes??). He has been unthoughtful and even kind of rude towards me. I don't want to be with him if he is just gonna make me sad all the time. Do i need to be more patient? more understanding? I am kind of fiesty and when he doesn't treat me with respect, I just want to walk away. But the "rational" me thinks I should take it easy on him - even though i still think he should know he is hurting me. i cannot make him appreciate me or treat me better, it has to come from within him. my tendency is to pull away and let him come to his own conclusion. how should i deal with this. at the end of the day - he is worth it. but it is hard to see it when he acts so cold-hearted and unemotional.
School is not fulfilling and he is questioning medicine altogether. he is thinking about taking a year in between 2 and 3 for the MBA program or an NIH research position. he admitted that he thought getting back together would make everything else better (as if i can control how intellectually stimulated he is by his classes??). He has been unthoughtful and even kind of rude towards me. I don't want to be with him if he is just gonna make me sad all the time. Do i need to be more patient? more understanding? I am kind of fiesty and when he doesn't treat me with respect, I just want to walk away. But the "rational" me thinks I should take it easy on him - even though i still think he should know he is hurting me. i cannot make him appreciate me or treat me better, it has to come from within him. my tendency is to pull away and let him come to his own conclusion. how should i deal with this. at the end of the day - he is worth it. but it is hard to see it when he acts so cold-hearted and unemotional.