M4 Externships

Started by blub1212
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blub1212

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am at a school that doesn't offer any ability to work with someone in PM&R. I had to find a private practice PM&R physician to shadow on my own time when I was trying to decide if this was what I wanted to do. I have one PM&R externship scheduled during my M4 year, but as of now that is it. I am a nontraditional student with a family, so to be honest doing more than one externship would be very difficult financially.

So, will only doing one externship be a problem? Will only having one PM&R LOR be a problem?

Thanks everybody.
 
Nope. You're good with one specialty LOR. Externships could help you if you are good...but they are unnecessary to match to PM&R.