MA at Yeshiva

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pkg1234

Reaction score
I applied for admission at Yeshiva for their PsyD. I did not get in (because of my less than 3.0 GPA ), however the did accept me into their masters program. I am a Cali native. I am considering if I should look into the masters program at Yeshiva. Does anyone have any info about the program? Is it worth it to get my MA from Yeshiva and then try to reapply for a PhD or PsyD after that? Thanks for the input :)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if it's necessarily a program to move across the country for. You should look into masters programs in the Cal system as the education you get in a state school is going to save you money and be comparable, if not better. If you have a desire to move to the NYC area, the CUNYs will be a better option.

I applied for admission at Yeshiva for their PsyD. I did not get in (because of my less than 3.0 GPA ), however the did accept me into their masters program. I am a Cali native. I am considering if I should look into the masters program at Yeshiva. Does anyone have any info about the program? Is it worth it to get my MA from Yeshiva and then try to reapply for a PhD or PsyD after that? Thanks for the input :)

Depends on your career goals and where you want to settle down.

I would never move across the country for a master’s in counseling, etc. because the cost will almost always outweigh the benefits unless you plan to settle there (plus you can’t take a master’s to any state and hope to practice....states require a lot of legwork and sometimes extra practice and coursework to get licensed elsewhere). Cali has good public universities with master’s programs that are cheaper but decently reputable (Cal State programs, etc.). It just seems unnecessary and costly to move for a master’s degree when there are better programs in-state. The salary outlook of a master’s-level practitioner doesn’t seem to justify the expense of moving across the country.

Reactions: 1 user