Macro, Micro, or General Economics?

Started by aquafire
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aquafire

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most schools don't seem to have a preference for which economics course they want fulfilled as a prerequisite, but one school I want to apply to wants microeconomics. Dumb question, but taking a general economics course wouldn't count right?
 
From what I've seen, a lot of schools specify either Micro or Macro... so if I were you, I'd take one of those. I would avoid the "general economics" course, as it sounds more basic and you risk not fulfilling the requirement in the school's eyes.
 
I would take micro. Many schools require that. Gen Econ won't fly unless a school specifically says general economics
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you both for responding! I also felt that perhaps taking microeconomics would be a better option, so I think I'm going to go ahead with this course instead of the general economics class. Take care! 🙂
 
The general economics course would probably be considered too basic to fulfill the prerequisite requirement.

I searched through the requirements of most pharmacy schools least year and almost all wanted micro or let you choose between micro or macro. Only a handful wanted macro and I seriously doubt they'd turn down a well-qualified applicant because they took micro over macro.

You are best off taking microeconomics.