Macs for LSU Vets???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OliveOyl

LSU SVM C/O 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be purchasing a new computer this spring and I would REALLY like to go to a mac instead of a pc. However, I will be starting LSU and would like to know if any current vet students have experienced programs that are required/reccomended that are not compatible with the mac operating system? If I am going to purchase a mac, I would like to NOT have to put a windows operating system on it. Thanks ya'll!

Members don't see this ad.

i contacted the tech guy for CSU....and we have a couple of professors that will give out software that only works on windows. so he said that we could buy a parallel windows interface, so you could open windows on your mac like you would with internet explorer. and that there are students who have macs in vet school and havent had a problem. at our bookstore it costs $150 for the windows operating system.

I'm a PC person, but i really want a mac. and it seems overall cheaper. and in the summer the mac store at school has offers that if you buy a laptop, you can get an itouch for free. :)

and i know that the vet school has a section on laptop requirements. check to see if your school has a website for it too. then you can totally make sure that you can get a mac.

I just got a Macbook Pro. And I have both windows XP and Mac OSX snow leopard on mine. I suggest if you want to buy one go for it. I bought mine because I got tired of all my pcs screwing up so bad on me. But Im a forever PC girl but I also love the functionality of a mac in the way well since I love fixing computers it makes everything a push of a button whereas with a pc you have to cross wires, change settings and then push the button. Macs are really for people that dont want to mess around with computers but need them in order to function in everyday society. PCs are for those of us that dont mind learning how to fix them half-heartedly until that motherboard crashes or you need to buy new HDD. I will say though I love my pc desktop but a mac laptop is the way to go in regards to durability. All my friends who have had their macs have had them for 3+ years and with wonderous apple care you can get it taken cared of even if it dies. Only downsides to mac is the fact that they come with smaller hdd and lower processing speeds. But like I said for the common user that really isnt a problem. And you can always upgrade the ram and possibly now dont quote me on this one get a larger hdd after the fact.