Maintaining a 3.0 with scholarship incentives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pcsaints6

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I had a very generic question in regards to the difficulty of dental school. I was lucky enough to be granted a scholarship that that expects me to maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout each semester of dental school. I just want some idea of how attainable this is and how much risk I would be taking if I were to miss this cut off. With this scholarship I am granted in-state tuition and if I do not maintain this standard I could be bumped to out-of-state tuition. Any input is greatly appreciated :)

Thank you :=|:-):

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am in the same situation and I am also wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Maintaining a B average in dental school is pretty easy here at stony. Don’t know about what schools u are at.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maintaining a B average in dental school is pretty easy here at stony. Don’t know about what schools u are at.

If I go to UMKC I’ve got to keep the 3.0, but I’ve heard they are switching to the plus minus system. Do you think that’ll have much of an impact?

If I go to UMKC I’ve got to keep the 3.0, but I’ve heard they are switching to the plus minus system. Do you think that’ll have much of an impact?

For real? Didn't know there were dental schools that had that system. Of course UMKC, the one I'm likely to attend, has it lol

For real? Didn't know there were dental schools that had that system. Of course UMKC, the one I'm likely to attend, has it lol

Same here lol. A current D1 told me today that they are switching to that in spring 2019

Should ask some UMKC students in the umkc thread.

Thank you all for the valuable insight! I think you all have brought up some great points sorry for the delayed response! I will look to contact some UMKC students! :)

I maintained a 3.0 despite some significant family issues the last three years and without +/- grading. I think you'll be fine. Just work hard. Have fun, but this isn't the time to party. If you have that mindset, you'll be fine.

How well would you say you performed in undergrad?

I'd say generally it is very manageable to maintain a 3.0.