Maintaining certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1029620

I became certified by ACSM as an Exercise Physiologist in 2017 & it expires by the end of the year if I don't have the set number of continuing ed credits. However, I begin PT school in June. Is it worth it to pay for the continuing ed classes in order to maintain my certification? Will this certification even matter once I become a licensed PT? Any feedback is welcomed, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it worth it to pay for the continuing ed classes in order to maintain my certification?
NO!
Will this certification even matter once I become a licensed PT?
No. Licensed PT has a higher level of education/knowledge. Anyone who graduates PT school is knowledgeable of exercise physiology. It's a kind of a part of PT degree. So don't waste time or money on maintaining the license unless you are confident that you are going to use it for work while in PT school.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it worth it to pay for the continuing ed classes in order to maintain my certification?
NO!
Will this certification even matter once I become a licensed PT?
No. Licensed PT has a higher level of education/knowledge. Anyone who graduates PT school is knowledgeable of exercise physiology. It's a kind of a part of PT degree. So don't waste time or money on maintaining the license unless you are confident that you are going to use it for work while in PT school.

Thats a great point, you're right. Pretty sure I won't use it for work while in PT school. Thanks for your perspective.

Last edited by a moderator: