patrickkonsor

10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
Hello all,

I go to a Wisconsin school, but as a Minnesota resident and I'd like to maintain my Minnesota residency if it's possible. I had lived in Minnesota for 19 years, then moved to Wisconsin and after about a year I started school here. I have a Wisconsin drivers license, but I haven't voted or payed taxes (yet) in Wisconsin; I'm also considered a dependent to my parents who live, vote, and pay taxes in Minnesota. I own my own (Wisconsin) company, so I'm self employed and therefore do not have full time employment in Wisconsin. However, I believe I will have to pay my taxes to Wisconsin this year, so does this then qualify me as a Wisconsin resident? Or what is the determining factor in this regard? Is there any way to ensure that I continue to be considered a Minnesota resident?

Thank you!

Stray

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
Seattle, WA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You need to check into Wisconsin laws... I go to school in Washington state, pay taxes, have a drivers license, vote, etc, but I'm considered a Kansas state resident. The laws here say you have to live here a year without the intention of going to school before you are considered a resident - how else would they make boatloads off of OOS tuition?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.