Major Delimma.. Please Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deathvvv

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im in my 4th year, I have enough credits to graduate. However, I had originally planned to take an extra year to boost up my GPA (my university does not have any post bacculurate programs). As such, graduation would have severely restricted my course choices and I decided agianst graduating and getting my degree. However, I planned to apply for medical school this year and just came to the realization that most schools require a degree before I apply. At the earliest date, I probably cannot get my degree until november. Will that mean that I cannot apply to the medical schools that requires a degree in June? Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

would you have your degree before matriculating??? if so dont worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
People usually apply a year before graduating from their undergrad, so I'm not sure what you're worrying about. If you're applying now, as long as you have a completed degree by june (possibly even august) 2009, you are okay.

Huh? Most people apply their junior year of college. They don't have degrees yet. You only need it when you start.

would you have your degree before matriculating??? if so dont worry about it.

Yes. Essentially Ill be applying for the 2008-2009 cycle as a senior and get my degree in june of 2009. Assuming I get accepted, Ill have my degree before the matriculation date of august 2009.

Thanks for the responses guys! :)