Major Delimma.. Please Help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by deathvvv, May 18, 2008.

1. deathvvv

Medical Student
    Im in my 4th year, I have enough credits to graduate. However, I had originally planned to take an extra year to boost up my GPA (my university does not have any post bacculurate programs). As such, graduation would have severely restricted my course choices and I decided agianst graduating and getting my degree. However, I planned to apply for medical school this year and just came to the realization that most schools require a degree before I apply. At the earliest date, I probably cannot get my degree until november. Will that mean that I cannot apply to the medical schools that requires a degree in June? Please help!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ChubbyChaser

ChubbyChaser Yummmy

Medical Student
    would you have your degree before matriculating??? if so dont worry about it.

4. HumidBeing

HumidBeing In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

You misunderstood. You need to have your degree before you START medical school, not before you apply.

Go ahead. Get started on those applications now.

5. Schemp

Schemp drawing infinity

Pre-Medical
    People usually apply a year before graduating from their undergrad, so I'm not sure what you're worrying about. If you're applying now, as long as you have a completed degree by june (possibly even august) 2009, you are okay.

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Currently not in function

Huh? Most people apply their junior year of college. They don't have degrees yet. You only need it when you start.

7. deathvvv

Medical Student
    Yes. Essentially Ill be applying for the 2008-2009 cycle as a senior and get my degree in june of 2009. Assuming I get accepted, Ill have my degree before the matriculation date of august 2009.

Thanks for the responses guys! :)

8. HumidBeing

HumidBeing In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

You fine. Your problem doesn't exist. Now is the time to apply.