Major Flaw in CASPA Application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnakeDaddy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I am currently working on my PA application, which I will turn in mid July. I was wondering if the "Memberships" section is that big of a deal of a section. Of course, it must be somewhat important to be a member of some things, but I don't have to much to put to be honest. Could this prevent me from gaining acceptance? Here are my stats:

Major: Biology
First time applying-21 years old
Number of programs applying to: 10
cGPA: 3.8
sGPA: 3.7
GRE: Yet to take, but practice shows my scores to be around 155 V,160 Q, and a 4 AW
PCE: 3000 Hours as a Transport CNA working at my local hospital (including 1 to 1 suicide precautions and ER CNA experience).
HCE: 1500 Hours Moving equipment and charting
Research for 3 years in psychology with my current project including blood brain barrier permeability to certain compounds in rats
Volunteer scribe for about 200 hours, along with running a local blood drive and volunteering on the TCU of my local hospital.
Shadowed for about 100 hours at a local clinic full of PAs (Shadowed 3 different PAs in this time)
Got 3 scholarships and made the Dean's list every semester of college. Also got an award from saving patient from falling at work.
I have a great essay and am a member of URF (undergraduate research fellows: In which I attended meetings every semester. This allowed me to also get paid for the research I do.)

Seeing my stats do you think I have a good shot at getting at least an interview to PA schools, though I don't have tons of clubs listed. I found clubs at my school to be pointless. I attended three meetings of 2 different clubs and they just talked the whole time and ate pizza.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are fine. Grades are king, and you have that covered. You have several other things that help you stand out. Some token healthcare experience for places that accept that type of low quality HCE (and realistically, that’s llbyou need at a lot of the places that focus heavily on academics). It’s not like you are going to go out and get more. Apply broadly, develop a good personal narrative, work on your interview skills... I think you will do fine. But apply to schools that don’t care about health care experience. I feel like most of them should look at you seriously.

Reactions: 1 user