Major Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Dario

Is anybody out there in the same situation...
I took a stats class in the econ dept. at my school... how can I get this into my sci. gpa???

Members don't see this ad.

Well, you could put it under BCPM. There IS an argument there. It's tenuous though.

just put it as a math/stats class. that's what i did for my stats class that was offerred through the psych dept.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, this is kinda a difficult situation.
If the Rubric is Econ and not Stat or Math or something, then I'm afraid that they would count is as a non-science course (even if the material was "math" in nature). I mean, for sure you meet the stat requirment that some schools offer in lieu of the calc II requirement.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they don't give you credit for it as a science class (but there's no harm in trying, right?).

The reason I say this is because Psych courses ALL count as non-science...regardless of their content.

Psych courses titled "The Brain and the Mind" or "Advanced Physiological Psychology" at my school would even be non-science, I think.

This is through personal experience and even what friends have gone through. I dunno though. I guess you'll have to find out by indicating it as a science course and seeing what AMCAS says. Keep us updated!

I thought AMCAS would research the course if they had doubts about it being science. Hmm... I thought for sure my "Stats and Experimental Design" course in the Psych department would count as BCPM. There was no other stats course in the school other than one through the Econ Department. I can't say for sure, though, because I haven't had it processed by AMCAS yet.

Most of the neuroscience courses at my school were offered through the Psych department. I was a bio major with a neuro concentration so I have taken a bunch of Psych classes that had a lot of biology in them. Is it true that those wont count for the science GPA? If so, I will not be very happy....

"Behavioral Neuroscience" was counted as a BCPM for me, even though it's a Psych course. I think most neuroscience courses will count, as do psych courses like psychobiology, etc. The best way to find out is to ask an advisor or someone at your school. Or, if your school does it this way, look at the course designation. My undergrad just had psych or bio in front of the course number, but I did a year of postbacc classes at a state school, and they had PSY for psych classes, and PSB (psychobiology, I guess) for classes that could count as BCPM, for example.