kiddynamite914

2+ Year Member
May 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hello so I was wondering does triple majoring vs having a single major increase your chances of being admitted to medical school say if everything else is balanced out? I have heard mixed reviews on this so please do let me know. Thanks!

The_Bird

OvO
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Nope! Your major(s) and major combinations have little to no bearing on your chances of admission. Your GPAs, MCAT scores, ECs and (sometimes) research are significantly more important.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
100% agree. We don't care what your major is, only that you do well.

Nope! Your major(s) and major combinations have little to no bearing on your chances of admission. Your GPAs, MCAT scores, ECs and (sometimes) research are significantly more important.

Reactions: gyngyn and J Senpai

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student

7331poas

2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2015
Status
Medical Student
100% agree. We don't care what your major is, only that you do well.
I was wondering about that. Does it not matter that you got a 4.0 in math or theoretical physics vs a 4.0 in psychology?

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Not to me. A 4.0 is a 4.0!

I was wondering about that. Does it not matter that you got a 4.0 in math or theoretical physics vs a 4.0 in psychology?

Reactions: J Senpai

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Hello so I was wondering does triple majoring vs having a single major increase your chances of being admitted to medical school say if everything else is balanced out? I have heard mixed reviews on this so please do let me know. Thanks!
From a time, energy and resources perspective, it would likely hurt you. Medical schools care about success and how well you do, not how much you try. But biting off a triple major you risk being overworked and not being able to do well. In addition time for volunteering, research, shadowing, and MCAT prep would be severely reduced. It seems like a huge risk for almost no perceived gain.