Undergrad Majors / Minors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colbycheshire

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm a current sophomore majoring in biology (BS) with a minor in chem and looking to add something else. Right now, I'm thinking of majoring or minoring in either Evolutionary Anthropology or Religious Studies. I think I'd enjoy either quite a bit, but was wondering if anyone could talk about potential benefits to med school applications. With EvAnth I'd boost my science GPA, but with religion I'd be quite a bit more unique. Again, I'd enjoy both a lot. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Literally pick either one that you like more, I doubt either one will make a difference at all. If you rlly feel like you need to increase your science gpa, I’d go for the evolutionary anthropology minor especially if it has BCP classes associated with it

Hey all! I'm a current sophomore majoring in biology (BS) with a minor in chem and looking to add something else. Right now, I'm thinking of majoring or minoring in either Evolutionary Anthropology or Religious Studies. I think I'd enjoy either quite a bit, but was wondering if anyone could talk about potential benefits to med school applications. With EvAnth I'd boost my science GPA, but with religion I'd be quite a bit more unique. Again, I'd enjoy both a lot. Thoughts?
Adcomms won't care about college majors or minors as long as you have a high GPA. Feel free to dabble in classes from either discipline, or neither.

Reactions: 1 user