Majors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burgler09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ugh I feel kind of bad asking this question.. I've been frequenting this forum since my senior year of high school. I have planned on dental school for the last 3 years... and still don't plan on changing. As of now I am a biochemistry major.. I for the most part.. i guess enjoy my major. The only thing is I have really gained a passion for language and world culture. Would it look bad when applying to dental school if they see that I changed majors from a Biochem to something like Latin American or along those lines..? Would I be better off just taking some of those classes on the pass/fail and keeping my current major?

Members don't see this ad.

How would they know you changed your major? Im an econ major, we still have to take the same reqs. There is a list out there somewhere I have seen on the % applied and % accepted for different majors.

just ace your pre-reqs and get good letters from those profs. you'll be fine.

to the above poster: major changes are displayed on your official transcript... (or at least on mine). even something minute like changing from biotechnology to biochemistry, which is what i did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh I feel kind of bad asking this question.. I've been frequenting this forum since my senior year of high school. I have planned on dental school for the last 3 years... and still don't plan on changing. As of now I am a biochemistry major.. I for the most part.. i guess enjoy my major. The only thing is I have really gained a passion for language and world culture. Would it look bad when applying to dental school if they see that I changed majors from a Biochem to something like Latin American or along those lines..? Would I be better off just taking some of those classes on the pass/fail and keeping my current major?

As long as you do well in the pre-req science coures and the DAT, then your major shouldn't matter, do what makes you happy.:thumbup: Plus, you have probably taken most of the pre-req's if you have been a biochem major the past few yrs.

just ace your pre-reqs and get good letters from those profs. you'll be fine.

to the above poster: major changes are displayed on your official transcript... (or at least on mine). even something minute like changing from biotechnology to biochemistry, which is what i did.

Oh I guess it depends on the school, on my offical it doesnt say anything like that :)