1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Majors

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by burgler09, Jun 15, 2008.

1. burgler09

Pre-Dental
    Ugh I feel kind of bad asking this question.. I've been frequenting this forum since my senior year of high school. I have planned on dental school for the last 3 years... and still don't plan on changing. As of now I am a biochemistry major.. I for the most part.. i guess enjoy my major. The only thing is I have really gained a passion for language and world culture. Would it look bad when applying to dental school if they see that I changed majors from a Biochem to something like Latin American or along those lines..? Would I be better off just taking some of those classes on the pass/fail and keeping my current major?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Andrew324

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    How would they know you changed your major? Im an econ major, we still have to take the same reqs. There is a list out there somewhere I have seen on the % applied and % accepted for different majors.

4. DividedByZero

DividedByZero Junior Member

Dental Student
    just ace your pre-reqs and get good letters from those profs. you'll be fine.

to the above poster: major changes are displayed on your official transcript... (or at least on mine). even something minute like changing from biotechnology to biochemistry, which is what i did.

5. DRHOYA

Pre-Dental

As long as you do well in the pre-req science coures and the DAT, then your major shouldn't matter, do what makes you happy.:thumbup: Plus, you have probably taken most of the pre-req's if you have been a biochem major the past few yrs.

6. Andrew324

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Oh I guess it depends on the school, on my offical it doesnt say anything like that :)