Make sure you take biochem before you go to med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It helps a lot. It would suck having to learn all this crap from scratch along with rest of the workload. It also seems very similar to undergrad biochem, just with more detail.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Make sure you take it before the mcat

Reactions: 1 users
What is the consensus on self-learning basic anatomy/physiology throughout the year before med school? (not the summer before)

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the consensus on self-learning basic anatomy/physiology throughout the year before med school? (not the summer before)
College is your last chance to really devote yourself to any non-medical subject!
Don't waste it on something we will happily over-teach in due course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 users
Make sure you realize it is required or recommended by the majority of medical schools at this point
How do you get the "Lifetime Donor" thing on your name?

As someone who just had to learn biochem for the first time I agree with the OP. Biochem wasn't offered when I went to undergrad unless you were a graduate student.

College is your last chance to really devote yourself to any non-medical subject!
Junior/senior year I took classes on dinosaurs, earthquakes, volcanoes, and the history of my school's athletic program. Life was good.

Reactions: 1 user
Take whatever classes you want to take in whatever major you want. There are Spanish, Economics, and other non-science majors among my classmates who are doing very well.