Making notes in First Aid while doing questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coop528

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully done this AS THEIR PRIMARY STUDY METHOD?

Any thoughts?

P.S. I'm shooting for a 225

Members don't see this ad.

I am not speaking from personal experience as I am taking step 1 on june 4th, but several third years I know have told me repeatedly that if they had to do it over again they would do ALL of Qbank and First aid (read over and over and over).......that's it.

I've been annotating first aid all second year and it has become a fairly detailed source for me. we'll soon see how it goes.

I just took the path shelf today and i would say 80% of the questions could be found in first aid. I was quite impressed.

later

I just took the pharm mini-board today, and 90 percent of it was either in first aid, or on the usmleasy.com site. Which is, by the way, free and extremely helpful.

I had a question about what to do in the last week of studying. Some people have told me that I should just crank out as many questions as possible, while others told me to read and reread First Aid all the time that week. I'm guessing that some combo is the best approach, but any advice would be appreciated.

I've come across a few errors on USMLEasy and the questions and explanations don't seem nearly as well thought out as the questions on QBank or in the Robbins Review. USMLEasy is alright, but nowhere close to those other two.