Managed Care +/- Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What dept do you work for? Last month professor at my school said residency is necessary. How wrong is he?!!

Formulary management. He's right to an extent as the majority of positions won't consider people without residency or prior managed care experience or unless you have great connections.
 
Formulary management. He's right to an extent as the majority of positions won't consider people without residency or prior managed care experience or unless you have great connections.

I see there is a resident program there. Is it any good?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw alot of managed care residency require a presentation during interview... anyone know the kind of presentation they are expecting? will they give you a subject on the spot or give you one a few days ahead of time?
 
I saw alot of managed care residency require a presentation during interview... anyone know the kind of presentation they are expecting? will they give you a subject on the spot or give you one a few days ahead of time?

What MC residencies is everyone applying to?

Is it worth doing a residency?
 
Why say you doubt?

It is health Net? Not too many people apply, right?

Well I guess I only had the chance to talk to 1 managed care residency at midyear... but the one I did talk to was a new program with their 1st resident this year, and they told me they expected to have at least 40 applicant for 1 position... now imagine a program in irvine OPTUMRX I'd assume a **** ton more ppl is going to apply to that one even tho it have 2 spots or Blue Shield of Cali in San Fran....
but Idk... wish they had a FAQ section on their website that states how many ppl usually apply like some other programs...I wish not many ppl applies tho lol
 
Well I guess I only had the chance to talk to 1 managed care residency at midyear... but the one I did talk to was a new program with their 1st resident this year, and they told me they expected to have at least 40 applicant for 1 position... now imagine a program in irvine OPTUMRX I'd assume a **** ton more ppl is going to apply to that one even tho it have 2 spots or Blue Shield of Cali in San Fran....
but Idk... wish they had a FAQ section on their website that states how many ppl usually apply like some other programs...I wish not many ppl applies tho lol

Have you heard how Blue Shield compares with OPTUMRX?

I really wonder how competitive those programs are...any1 have any ideas?

I know moolman did a manag. cared residency....wonder if it was with either