Managing the tidal wave of info for the DAT

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by blankguy, Jul 26, 2006.

1. blankguy

Dental Student
    I am in the process of memorizing the blue book by making index cards, but I am getting bogged down with the amount of material (I still manage to memorize it though). How do you guys manage the amount of info efficiently?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sumluck

sumluck Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    take some practice tests and see what you are consistently missing, that should give you a clue as to what you aren't remembering. If you keep getting the same things right don't focus on them as much. Just try and remember as much as you can and you'll be set.

4. Clapton

Clapton Member

Pre-Dental
    Kaplan organized how I should study. If you only have their book, read it the whole way through marking what you're not too sure of. If your weaker in a certain area, consult your textbooks.

5. 714guy

714guy counting down till 5/2012

Dental Student
    usually after a couple mock test you'll know where your weak points are. I go the over test afterwards and find the correct answer and then make index cards. I've made over 500 index cards so far. I try to go thru them in the morning and then at night before i go to sleep. throwing out the ones i know and adding in the new ones. I use to hate notecards, but this time they are really a life saver, I am learning the material.